The mind is willing..The body not so much..

Options
So today at the gym I was trying to push myself..I told myself you can do this...Your almost there and just when I could think yea maybe lets do 30 mins more I felt like maybe I shouldn't...
Anyone have this???
My mind says yea sure my body is telling me Oh heck no girl...

Replies

• hostile17
    hostile17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    To be honest, that's the best way around! An unmotivated mind can talk you out of exercising for days, weeks, or years on end! A body has off days... lack of sleep, what you've eaten etc... and next day you may do better.

So I wouldn't worry too much. Don't force your body if it really won't do it. Just try again in a couple of days' time.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    My body ALWAYS tells me Heck, no girl. My body is lazy and I hate to exercise. :angry: :grumble: :huh:

I have to just force myself to exercise. Maybe some day I will be like so many people on here who love to exercise and see it as a stress reliever, etc. Hopefully someday..................but until then..........:noway:
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Take it slow. Rather than going another 30 minutes, try another 5. Or another 3. Whatever it takes to push yourself and reach your goals. I have to push through wanting to quit early just about every single time I exercise. It does get easier. But, like anything else, it takes baby steps to succeed.
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I think I am going ot try that maybe just 5 more mins at a time...Thanks MFP'ers