Just to Introduce Myself!

Options
Hello everyone! Today is the first day I have checked out the site, even though I have been using the app for a few days now. I have actually been trying out 3 or 4 different apps to see which one I like best. So far I am really liking this one the best. So today I am joining the group for more interaction.

So, here I am. The reason I'm here is because I recently (6 months ago) gave birth to my 3rd child at the ripe ol' age of 39. I will be 40 in less than 2 weeks:tongue: !! Now, we all know that as we get older it is harder to lose weight and gain muscle. And maybe even motivation. And I need all the motivation I can get.

With me, any weight gain can be a bit of a problem due to the fact that I'm not even 5 feet tall! So, the slightest extra weight looks like it is more than what it is. A lot of people think I'm crazy when I say that I need to lose some pounds, but for me, 5 pounds seems like 10 pounds all because I'm SHORT!!

Today, I am 20 lbs heavier than my ideal weight. And that is a lot for me. I did rather well while I was pregnant, but after I had the baby I went nuts with my eating habits! Plus, not getting any sleep with a newborn made exercise go out the window!! So I ballooned to where I am now.

I love to workout with free weights at home and I love to jog. This was how I was able to be at my best. So now I just need to get back to my old, good habits. But I never really counted calories before. This is all new to me. Hopefully using this site and app I will keep myself accountable to what I put in my mouth!! I am terrible about mindless eating!!!!

My confession is that I LOVE junk food... and I like good, healthy foods, too. But when you get in the habit of eating nothing but junk food, it is harder to come back to the healthier ones!!

So, that's it. And by the way, my profile picture is NOT a recent one, but when I was at my best weight and health. And, oh, how I felt great! Its my motivation picture!!

Happy Eating!!

Replies

• oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wlc. I have a 3month old baby and trying to lose about 25 pounds! ;-) You will really love this site!
  • LCardo24
    Options
    I'm new as well, and so far the site has been SO helpful, just for the calorie counter and motivational community members alone. I don't have any kids, but can totally relate to being short (5'2") and having every single pound show up. My goal weight loss is 25 lbs, and while that might not seem like a lot to some, I suspect it will be something of a struggle for me :) Best of luck, and welcome to MFP!
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! I wish you all the luck on your weight loss journey!!