Easy Vegetarian Cookbook

Options
I get a lot of recipes from allrecipes and just online in general, but I was wondering if any of you know of a great vegetarian cookbook that has relatively easy recipes. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    "The vegetarian 5 Ingredient Gourmet"!!!!
  • ✿KẙMb529✿
    Options
    "The vegetarian 5 Ingredient Gourmet"!!!!

Just bought for my kindle! Thanks so much!!
  • laurakrowe
    Options
    I am 99% vegan :) (i eat eggs on occasion).
    anyway - i LOVE allrecipes.com vegweb.com and veganplanet.com
    for books: Veganomicon :)
  • Trishkit
    Trishkit Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Veganomicon is great, but some of its recipes are a bit daunting and complex. (Try the chickpea cutlets! They're delicious! And the pineapple-cashew-quinoa stir fry is divine. So is the baked BBQ tofu with apricot BBQ sauce. Okay, I'm done.) I just picked up a copy of Appetite for Reduction, which has fairly simple recipes AND nutrition information for each recipe. Win!

My favorite recipe websites:
    blog.fatfreevegan.com (every recipe has nutrition information)
    theppk.com/recipes
    noveleats.com
    manifestvegan.com
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Linda McCartney has a really good vegetarian recipe book for family meals :smile:

We use it a lot.
  • jamgal789
    jamgal789 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    @ kymb529 --

When I became a vegetarian, "The Vegetarian Family Cookbook" by Nava Atlas was a lifesaver for my family and me. It provides a range of recipes for soups, casseroles, sides, salads, dressings, snacks, wholesome baked goods, lunch ideas and more.

Besides the variety, the recipes are uncomplicated with easy-to-find ingredients. They're healthy and delicious with dairy and vegan options. The author even provides nutritional analysis for each recipe as well as menu suggestions. I highly recommend it. (Check out her website @ http://www.vegkitchen.com/)

(I also absolutely LOVE "The Vegan Table" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Website: http://www.compassionatecooks.com/)

Hope this helps!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    The Vegetarian Times cookbook is wonderful.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I am married to a vegetarian and I cook primarly vegetarian meals for our family. I have a vegetarian cooking blog and these are some of favorite cook books.

Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
    The Grit Restaurant Cookbook
    Molley Katzen's Enchanted Broccoli Forest
    The Joy of Cooking Vegetarian

These are just a few. Hope that helps
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    1,001 Vegetarian Recipes
    Vegetarian Times

I stay away from anything by Moosehead. WAY too complicated, and none of the recipes I tried tasted any good at all.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    1,001 Vegetarian Recipes
    Vegetarian Times

I stay away from anything by Moosehead. WAY too complicated, and none of the recipes I tried tasted any good at all.

I like the Moosewood cookbooks, with the exception of Sundays at Moosewood (which has a lot of fish.)
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    @ kymb529 --

When I became a vegetarian, "The Vegetarian Family Cookbook" by Nava Atlas was a lifesaver for my family and me. It provides a range of recipes for soups, casseroles, sides, salads, dressings, snacks, wholesome baked goods, lunch ideas and more.

Besides the variety, the recipes are uncomplicated with easy-to-find ingredients. They're healthy and delicious with dairy and vegan options. The author even provides nutritional analysis for each recipe as well as menu suggestions. I highly recommend it. (Check out her website @ http://www.vegkitchen.com/)

(I also absolutely LOVE "The Vegan Table" by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau. Website: http://www.compassionatecooks.com/)

Hope this helps!

Nava Atlas is great..and she also has a really good website