When to weigh in

Options
I've been consistent with my weight logs when I've been trending down (before breakfast, naked weight), but I've been plateauing and have gained a pound or two before going back to the weight posted. Knowing this is fairly normal, I'm not panicking about it, but it is frustrating.

While I've been pondering putting what I weigh on one week consistently, do you think its proper for me to post a weight if I'm on a "bounce?"

While I don't think I'm mentally cheating myself, perhaps I should look at it as a reinforcement as to why I am dieting. Should I post my weight as I fluctuate or only when I'm on a downward trend?

Replies

• jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I don't post my gains as long as they are not more than 2-ish lbs. I know the gains are normal, but it's just too hard for me to post them especially when I know they are only temporary.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I don't post my gains as long as they are not more than 2-ish lbs. I know the gains are normal, but it's just too hard for me to post them especially when I know they are only temporary.

Same here! Unless it is a definite gain of 3-4 pounds as a result of skipping exercise and eating poorly for two whole weeks, I don't correct my ticker. It may seem arbitrary but it works for me! Maybe it'll work for you?
  • wintervixen78
    wintervixen78 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Hi, join in on the Starting Janurary 2011 thread, we've all been talking about this! Maybe there's a reason we've all had this at the same time, or maybe it's coincidence. Have a read and see if you pick up any tips.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/146800-starting-january-2011

As for me, I put down my weight, whether it's up or down. It's the only way I can see what's working and what's doesn't. If you hit another 'bounce' in the future, you might want to go back and compare. But if you never put them down, you won't have a clue about what are big no no's for you, or if it was because you were sick, or stress etc. Hope that helps.