Calories ...kinda a dumb question.

Options
When I set up my MFP program I put that I was the least active you can be because I sit at a desk all day but get atleast 60 min of exercise in 6 days a week. I have been TRYING to get up and get my heart rate up whenever I can. Today I wore my HRM to see what the calorie burn is and in 7 min I had burned like 27 calories. My question is, would you add the burnt calories from those mini bursts of exercise to your daily exercise? Because before I was tracking this stuff I never made the extra effort to get up and do anything that really raised my heart rate too much....

Replies

• rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Short bursts of exercise does count. Just because it wasn't 30 minutes doesn't mean you didn't burn anything. I walk to the cafeteria and back at work to wake me up or to get some water. That only takes 5 minutes but it counts to me.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I have always thought of those little bursts as "bonus," like those bursts of exercise I won't log but it makes me feel better because I know some calorie counts on foods are underexaggerated or if I eat chips I may lose count and log a few less than I ate, so I feel like those short bursts of exercise even out with unintentionally under-logging some foods.