Frozen Meals

Options
When you eat a frozen meal such as smart ones or healthy choice do you deduct calories for the things you dont eat?

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • Stina_Marie13
    Stina_Marie13 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    well for example, if you dont eat the entire meal... you can put .75 or .5 in the calculations and that should work for you.

hope that helped???
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    how would you know how much to deduct exactly? I just count the whole thing.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I always eat the whole thing. I only buy the selections that I like and the ones that are lower in sodium. I mostly eat Lean Cuisine, but not very often, just when I am short of time and of desire to cook lunch.
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them anymore, but I wouldn't subtract the things I don't eat, unless it's like, you don't eat half of it or something. Otherwise, I wouldn't. You might be under-estimating something else you eat during the day anyway, so it'd make up for the difference.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    i dont eat frozen meals but I do feel ya b/c lets say I fix a can of something like chef boyardee but I dont eat the full 1 cup of it. I still just put in that I had 1 cup of it.

I would rather be safe and put down all the calories then to guess and be wrong on it , then thinking I had more calories to eat when I really didnt.
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    If I only eat half, I'll put that I ate half. But if I eat 80% or more, then I put that I ate the whole thing.

Be careful not to nickel and dime your calories too much. It'll come back to bite ya.

One word of advice though. If you stay further away from the pre-packaged and go more towards the fresh option, generally speaking, I find that I can eat more volume-wise.