Confused

Options
How many calories do you burn lifting weights? If we log our reps, it doesn't calculate in. I have been loggin circuit training but I do my cardio in the morning before work and lift weights at lunch. So how can I log that?

Replies

• rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    the logging of the reps is just for your info. Go to the cardio section and select Strength Training. It will give you your calories burned then.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    It varies with intensity, duration, etc but a good rule of thumb I have heard is 300 calories for 45 minutes.
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    you can log strength training(weight lifting) under cardio. its the closest thing i can find. but based on the calories burned they calculate for it it must be doing one only excersise at a time with a pretty good rest between sets.
    its not ideal, but its whats there.
    i usually log my workouts as curcuit training because i do supersets ( one excersise followed by another such as squats, short rest, pull ups, short rest, squats, and so on.) my rests bewteen are only 45 second.
    what are your workouts like? it might be close to how mfp calculates weight training.
  • mporter44
    Options
    I only have 45 sec breaks too.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Good topic.
    I do a BodyPump class at the Y.
    Its an hour long and I do it 3x/week.
    Its high reps with lower amounts of weights--like 120 squats with 20# on a bar across my back/shoulders.
    How would you calculate that for calories?
    According to mfp its only about 160 calories/hour.
    Does that sound right?