Water melon

Options
Mary24
Mary24 Posts: 398
Did you all know 1 whole water melon only has 200 calories, Ya, I just found that out :heart: :heart:
There so good and they just satisfied my sweet tooth:bigsmile:

Replies

• Mary24
    Options
    Did you all know 1 whole water melon only has 200 calories, Ya, I just found that out :heart: :heart:
    There so good and they just satisfied my sweet tooth:bigsmile:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Lucky you. I think watermelon is the only fruit I don't care for.

Strawberries for me.
  • Sherona
    Sherona Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is so great. I LOVE watermelon and they are soo filling too.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm, that's great if it's really true. I LOVE watermelon, but always thought that it was full of sugar, so it must have tons of calories, ESPECIALLY for a whole one!
  • Mary24
    Options
    Hmmmmm, that's great if it's really true. I LOVE watermelon, but always thought that it was full of sugar, so it must have tons of calories, ESPECIALLY for a whole one!
    I know I cant believe it ether but thats what came up when I loged it in just now, thats why I posted this,
    I would be sad:cry: if it was'nt true.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    i was so moved by watermelon recently that i started a haiku thread! it went like this

Watermelon sweet
    sip you like a cool fresh drink
    divine on my tongue
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Geez, I don't know Mary. I just looked up watermelon in a calorie, carbs and sugar counter book that I have, and it says that for "3 oz. edible portion" there are 51 cals, 14 carbs, and 12 sugars.
    Does anyone else out there know anything about watermelon?
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Geez, I don't know Mary. I just looked up watermelon in a calorie, carbs and sugar counter book that I have, and it says that for "3 oz. edible portion" there are 51 cals, 14 carbs, and 12 sugars.

I was thinking the same ~ 200 calories for a whole watermelon seems very low (I hate to say it!). I looked it up in my calorie book and it claims there's 50 calories in a cup of diced watermelon and 1450 in a whole watermelon (size: 15 inches long, 7 1/2 inches diameter). :noway:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same ~ 200 calories for a whole watermelon seems very low (I hate to say it!). I looked it up in my calorie book and it claims there's 50 calories in a cup of diced watermelon and 1450 in a whole watermelon (size: 15 inches long, 7 1/2 inches diameter). :noway:

www.calorieking.com shows very similar numbers.... 46 cal per cup, 1355 cal in a whole melon (same size as above) :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Kimosabe
    Kimosabe Posts: 71
    Options
    I was online last night for this very reason and I saw that a whole watermelon, about 15" diameter has...1355 calories, now this isn't exact but I got this info from calorie king. Now I was shocked, because I could totally sit down and eat a watermelon until I literally make myself sick. Oh well I guess I will have to stick to serving size,:sad:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    well first off.... it's obviously still low in cals. Maybe not 200 for a whole one, but who could eat a whole one anyway? You'd be pee'ing for days! Let's also remember it's fruit sugar, not cane sugar - like good carbs vs bad carbs.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Something similar happened to be the other day. I was drinking a glass of 2% milk with my breakfast and I kept going over my calories for the day for a couple days straight. :mad: Nothing else had changed with my meals and snacks. I looked closer at the milk and it was registering as 300+ calories for 1 cup. For 2%! I quickly adjusted that and all was right with my food diary again! :drinker:
    Just be careful, if something looks too good to be true, research it a little more. If something looks really off, research it too.
  • Mary24
    Options

www.calorieking.com shows very similar numbers.... 46 cal per cup, 1355 cal in a whole melon (same size as above) :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Wow, I new it was to good to be true:sad:
    So then why when I loged my food here on MFP it said it had 100 calories for 1/2 a melon and 200 for a whole one??????????

My son and I shared a qorter water melon and was like that cant be true???
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    It could be talking about one of those little tiny "personal" melons, too. You know, the ones that aren't much bigger than a cantelope.
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Soo sorry if I made you cry Mary!
    I've learned that some of the foods on here aren't put in right, so if I've got the containers, or any way to check things to see if they ARE accurately put in, I do.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/Foods/900/9326/3/Food.aspx

But the protein looks REALLY high!

Did you get your numbers from on here?

I wish we could have a week period where EVERYONE quality controlled thing that were put in, and correct them if they are wrong. Usually the calories are right, but the protein, carbs, or fat are WAY out there and the nutrients are from Mars
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    well first off.... it's obviously still low in cals. Maybe not 200 for a whole one, but who could eat a whole one anyway? You'd be pee'ing for days! Let's also remember it's fruit sugar, not cane sugar - like good carbs vs bad carbs.
    My thoughts as well, and I am the worlds most watermelon lover, but one slice nice and cold is very refreshing and of course drink the juice. BURP:laugh:
  • Mary24
    Options
    http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/Foods/900/9326/3/Food.aspx

But the protein looks REALLY high!

Did you get your numbers from on here?

I wish we could have a week period where EVERYONE quality controlled thing that were put in, and correct them if they are wrong. Usually the calories are right, but the protein, carbs, or fat are WAY out there and the nutrients are from Mars
    Yes I got them from here, it say for 1/2 a galia watermelon has 100 cals. I dont know what brand I had but does it matter its a watermelon.???
  • Mary24
    Options
    It could be talking about one of those little tiny "personal" melons, too. You know, the ones that aren't much bigger than a cantelope.

Thats what I was starting to think.
  • Mary24
    Options
    Soo sorry if I made you cry Mary!
    I've learned that some of the foods on here aren't put in right, so if I've got the containers, or any way to check things to see if they ARE accurately put in, I do.

Thats Ok, I'll just be more carful next time.