Does anybody have a low-calorie ice cream recipe without art

Options
I'm at home today and thinking about trying to make some low-calorie icecream. My only problem is that all the recipes I can find call for some sort of artificial sweetener - and we don't have any in the house. Any ideas?

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Freeze bananas...blend to a creamy consistency....just like ice cream.
  • vayax
    vayax Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I add frozen fruits and yogurt in the food processor or blender, then add a little bit of apple juice or water until desire consistency... no need to add any sweetener
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Do you have any sweetened condensed milk?

Check on eating well: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/homemade_vanilla_ice_cream.html

Also, I know they aren't calorie low, but things like real cream have gotten a somewhat unjust bad name for themselves. I would rather have real pure cream than artificial sweetener in my body any day!
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    1 container of sugar free cool whip
    1 box instant sugar free pudding
    a dribble of skim milk

Mix together til all ingredients are mixed then putt in freezer to freeze. This is what I call fake-out ice cream! it does the trick to get thru the craving
  • caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest the frozen bananas too.
    Freeze bananas (peel them first) then chop them up into little pieces, stick them in a food processor, and you're good to go!

This is great too!
    Strawberry ice cream, 70 calories per serving!
    http://400caloriesorless.com/?p=4694
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    no recipe but you can buy Wal-Mart brand Fat Free No Sugar Added Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream. 1/2 c is 70 calories, 0 g fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 150 mg potassium, 18 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 4 g protein, vit A 4%, vit c 0%, calcium 10%, 0 iron.

It tastes good too.
  • theotherkate
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I'm freezing a bit of fruit (no bananas unfortunately) and from there I'll just blend it with some yoghurt and experiment with it. Fingers crossed!
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Frozen Peanut Butter cups recipe that I found here on MFP. When frozen they taste just like ice cream! YUM!
    Copied here from the original poster:

8 oz. Fat Free Cool Whip 
    2-3 Tablespoons of Creamy Peanut Butter 
    2 tablespoons chocolate syrup 

Line muffin pans with mini liners. with spoon, mix cool whip and peanut butter until well combined. Spoon even portions into muffin liners. 

Top each with a swirl of chocolate syrup. Freeze 6-8 hours until frozen. 

55 Calories each
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    no recipe but you can buy Wal-Mart brand Fat Free No Sugar Added Vanilla Flavored Ice Cream. 1/2 c is 70 calories, 0 g fat, 4 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 150 mg potassium, 18 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 5 g sugar, 4 g protein, vit A 4%, vit c 0%, calcium 10%, 0 iron.

It tastes good too.

I was at Walmart the other day and grabbed some of this. I read the ingredients list and it was about 50 items long and I couldn't pronounce them. I ended up getting the one with the more natural ingredients (only a couple bad ones). 30 more calories per serving, but better ingredients, and surpisingly cheaper too.
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    The problem with the peanut butter cups and I wouldn't be able to have just one. So small and easily snacked on! :noway:
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    Great ideas here, love everyones creativity when it comes to cravings!!!
  • littletiger972000
    Options
    Bump