If you have little kids....

Options

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    my 3 year old loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

My husband loves to give me a sly smile and suggest we do the "hot dog dance" after the kids are in bed. It does crack me up and now I laugh when they mention doing the hot dog dance!:laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    oh and my daughter loves the classics loony tunes ,tom and jerry, wackey races.im cool with all those
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    That being said I CAN NOT STAND YO GABA GABA! Really dont want to tell you waht Bupa and Muno look like to me.
    Doras ok I couldnt stop laughing in the episode where she was looking for the gooy geyser.But I have the sense of humor of a 15 year old boy lol

Exactly...FREAKS ME OUT!
  • cohollywood
    Options
    Generally - I tune out whatever my son is watching, so I don't really have a show that I "hate" - but what I do hate is ALL of the shows that says "I CAN"T HEAR YOU!" And make your child scream whatever they were just screaming even louder. Seriously....come on now!
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I can't stand Yo Gabba Gabba and Wow Wow Wubbzy - the ones banned in my house are spongebob square pants (i don't see it in a good light for small children) and Olivia because she is such a brat I want to beat her :)
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    I have to agree olivia is a brat,every time I eat bacon I can only hope its olivia:laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I am so happy my daughter never watched any of these shows. She's 7 and watches the occasional Disney show and that's about it. We like Discovery, History, and Food Network in our house. I'd rather her learn something than watch crap.
  • FearAnLoathing
    Options
    My daughter has actually learned alot from those show counting shapes all sorts of stuff.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I am an evil parent and hardly let my kids watch any of this stuff at home - but they see it at daycare. The only ones I allow at home are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob (IF I'm really feeling nice) and of course, Phineas & Ferb. Then again, my husband & I watch Phineas & Ferb almost as much as the kids do! :laugh:

Phineas and Ferb is the best 'kids' show there is! I'm with you...I watch it just as much as my daughter....I own a Perry shirt, lol.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    "There's 104 days of summer vacation....."

Great. Now that song is in my head. But it IS catchy!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    And I thought I was the only adult to watch Phineas and Ferb. I have a wide variety of ages in my house. My oldest son, who is 8, loves Courage the cowardly dog. My daughter, who is 6, loves dora and hannah montana. My 3 and 1 year old go nuts when timmy the sheep is on and handy manny. That being said, I hated the Wiggles. There is just something creepy about how happy those guys were all the time. Made me wonder if they were taking "water" breaks in between takes. And by water, I mean like vodka or whiskey. The songs would get stuck in my head for days at a time. So glad no one likes them anymore. Spongebob annoys me to. That laugh makes me want to strangle him.
  • qtwells82
    Options
    Dora and the wonder pets
    :/
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Wow! I didn't realize Calliou was still on! Whining is one of my pet peaves so I never could stand that one, same for Kai Lan. I alos hate SpongeBob, he makes me want to hurt myself, LOL Fresh Beat Band is growing more annoying all the time too. I have always liked Blues Clues and Dora, Wonder Pets is cute too. Martha Speaks, Between the Lions and Word World are a few of my favorites. I'm also liking Good Luck Charlie, clean and NOT animated. I have 3 kids, 10 and under so yeah, I watch alot of those shows :)
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Barney has been banned in my house since the beginning and my oldest is 15! My little ones almost 4 and 2 have never seen it.

Do NOT like-Calliou he's so whinny, Max and Ruby seriously where are the parents?, Yo Gabba Gabba um more like NO Gabba Gabba ugh, Sponge Bob not at all appropriate for young children, Courage the Cowardly Dog same not appropriate, Bakugon is awful I'm sure there are many many more.
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    I will say my son is now counting and doing his ABCs and he just turned 2 thanks to Sesame Street...he loves Elmo.

back to Hates:

1. Like I said, Barney. Best thing about the movie 9 Months was that they beat the cr@p out of a Barney-esque character and it was very cathargic.

2. Hate hate Calliou.

3. Yo Gaba Gaba is insanely stupid.

4. Teletubbies. Enough said.

As far as likes:

1. Spongebob. It's fun and my husband likes it too, so the kids sit with him and they joke around.

2. Sesame Street.

3. The Wiggles - NOT THE OLD WIGGLES. Those were stupid. The new ones have A LOT more classical music, actual dancing (ballet, modern, 1940s Cats themed piece, disco) and everything is so short that it keeps his attention. The new show is, like, 18 minutes if that.

4. Thomas the Train

5. We'd love to show our kids Looney Tunes but they don't replay them anymore.

6. For us older ones, Family Guy.

7. Zoobomafoo (animal show for kids)

I will say that my son is now changing cartoons. He now brings the remote and says "Watch ESPN News NOW!"
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    My daughter LOVES Spongebob. I don't mind it too much now that she's older. I've giggled at it before. She watches Animal Cops in the morning before school and she loves Iron Chef and Food Network Challenge. I think she is pretty much over cartoons and into iCarly, Suite Life, etc. She watched Hanna Montana and I HATE it.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Which cartoons or tv shows do they watch that annoy the crap out of you?

Setup: My girl is 3.5. We don't have "TV", we stream Netflix & watch disks. So...

LIKE: Wonderpets, Word World, Thomas Train, Oswald!, Peep and the big wide world, Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

TOLERABLE:
    Dora & Diego (why are they always YELLING?!),
    Caillou (So whiney, but she's learning a lot)
    Busy Town Mysteries (Why does Huckle always get to solve the mystery? How about giving Sally a chance, huh?)

DISLIKE / Won't allow: Barney, Spongebob, Veggie Tales, Commercials (thus, the Netflix & DVDs)

Never seen: Kai Lan, Max & Ruby, Wow Wow Wubbzy
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    Which cartoons or tv shows do they watch that annoy the crap out of you?

Setup: My girl is 3.5. We don't have "TV", we stream Netflix & watch disks. So...

LIKE: Wonderpets, Word World, Thomas Train, Oswald!, Peep and the big wide world, Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

TOLERABLE:
    Dora & Diego (why are they always YELLING?!),
    Caillou (So whiney, but she's learning a lot)
    Busy Town Mysteries (Why does Huckle always get to solve the mystery? How about giving Sally a chance, huh?)

DISLIKE / Won't allow: Barney, Spongebob, Veggie Tales, Commercials (thus, the Netflix & DVDs)

Never seen: Kai Lan, Max & Ruby, Wow Wow Wubbzy

Trust me.....you're not missing anything by never seeing Kai Lan, Max & Ruby, and Wubbzy.

Barney is the debil! (In my best impression of Adam Sandler's mom in "Waterboy")