Any C-Section mums?

Options
I had my daughter via emergency section. I am finding it diffifult to tone my tum. I know I still have a lot of weight to lose, but I feel like my tum will never be toned because of the section. Any tips?

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. It'll pretty much be the LAST thing to go. You have to work to lose the fat, and then work to tone up as well. I'm still in the process of losing my c-section tummy. It has decreased in size significantly, but I still have a ways to go before it's as tight as I would like it to be. I have the little "pouch" section but with cardio, strength & abs workouts (which i've been doing) I've been able to lessen that as well. Don't let it get you down. Your stomach may never be the same as it was prior to kids. The pouch is "impossible" to lose entirely without a tummy tuck (in most cases) but it's all in how you look at it. It's a badge of honour, you've had kids,and that's perfectly okay. Do the cardio to work on the fat loss & do strength & abs to tone that body up. You'll get great results by doing this, just don't have any expectations and you'll be pleased with your outcome.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I had a c-section and that is going to be the last place I lose and tone up if it ever does. :sad:
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    try jogging at least 30 mts using 3 lbs weights. Do this at least 3 or 4 times a week and you will see results!! I too had 2 C-sections and i do alot of circuit training wich helps me tone up. But i jog using my weights for extra burn in my midsection. And you will feel the burn after. i jogged yesterday and i still feel it in my legs, shoulders and all my midsection. Try it and see if it works for you.
  • ShandiH
    ShandiH Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes, please! Any tips would be great! My doctor was not very helpful when I asked; all she said was "You'll always have that, dear." Really? There's gotta be some way to tone my abs again.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections. I feel your pain on this one.
  • SunshineRowe
    Options
    i've had 2 c-section... very large boys.
    and I have been on this journey for a few years...working hard then getting discouraged.
    Telling myself it will get better but I will probably never be smaller than a size 5. From my experience i have found that I can be smaller than I had imagined.... I''m down to a size 1, and I have really toned up a lot...my core is tight but the next problem you will have is wrinkles on the belly and that's where I am at... I could see my abs so much more if these wrinkles were not in the way...lol
    but I def do not have a bellly anymore, so yes it is possible

-but as far as advice... DIET - make it hard something that is completely challenging that you can not cheat without it hurting your pride, I would recommend somthing similar to what body builders do but modified to fit your life, that makes it doable for you.... it's what they do that 's important ( complex carbs...lots of protein and veggies)
    secondly if you go to a Gym take every class you can...that will make sure you mix it up and you will be getting cardio and toning up.
    and yoga is wonderful! you will not find a better core workout than yoga.
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    My twins will be 21 next month although Ive never been really toned since then. So Im curious too! I have this line down there runs lateral, I would love to see that disappear!
  • NuclearGirl
    Options
    Me too - also twins. Still got numbness above the scar after almost 20 years - remember the doc saying "That will go in time" - still waiting! Not sure how well it's going to look when I get to my goal weight - haven't been anywhere near my goal weight since way before the girls were born! :ohwell: