Making Progress?

2day4ever
2day4ever Posts: 178
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
So. I've been at this "better nutrition = better life" thing for a long time. I finally decided that all my "old" behaviors weren't working so I am (gulp) taking a plunge and trying something new. I have spent the past couple days obsessively reading posts. Wow! There are some AWESOME people with so many great things to share! I have learned a lot. I can tell now that there are some things I should do differently. I'm going to try.

One thing I am going to do is try the on-line journaling thing. I noticed some people use the community message board as a place to post their own motivation stuff. If that is not okay, let me know. Otherwise, I think it will really help my accountability . . .

See you on the Boards!
Progress63

Replies

• 2day4ever
    So. I've been at this "better nutrition = better life" thing for a long time. I finally decided that all my "old" behaviors weren't working so I am (gulp) taking a plunge and trying something new. I have spent the past couple days obsessively reading posts. Wow! There are some AWESOME people with so many great things to share! I have learned a lot. I can tell now that there are some things I should do differently. I'm going to try.

One thing I am going to do is try the on-line journaling thing. I noticed some people use the community message board as a place to post their own motivation stuff. If that is not okay, let me know. Otherwise, I think it will really help my accountability . . .

See you on the Boards!
    Progress63
  • ToTheLove
    ToTheLove Posts: 357
    NO way!!! Use the boards however you choose to! (within the rules of course) I think it's great posting them on the boards because not only do you feel like you're being held accountable but people learn from what you're doing too.

Good luck with your journey and keep posting!
  • 2day4ever
    Wow! Thanks for the support! If that is what it is like on here, I'm hooked!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I'm sure you'll do just fine here Progress! It really is the best site out there!
    Being able to actually SEE all the amount totals for everything you're eating was sure an eye opener for me! And now that I KNOW what's what, and that exercise gets you higher totals, it's ALMOST easy to lose the weight that I haven't been able to until NOW!
  • 2day4ever
    Day 2 (yesterday) -- things are going well. I managed to get all my calories in yesterday. Drank water. Walked on the treadmill. Did an exercise DVD.

I really think one big key is my smaller, frequent meals. I'm trying to hover around 350 cal for 3 meals and then 150 for 2-3 snacks (depending on those exercise bonuses). To keep from being overwhelmed by the need to prepare meals, I'm splitting portions, too. So, yesterday, I made a mango smoothie (yum! Recipe was right off the Dannon Light Vanilla Yogurt container: 1 cup of yogurt, 1/2 cup water (could use juice if I needed the calorie boost), 1/2 cup mango slices, 1/2 cup ice. Drank 1/2 the smoothie with breakfast and had the other half for an afternoon snack. It tasted great and I was pretty full.

Hoping today goes as well.
This discussion has been closed.