Heart Monitors

Options
Ok, I KNOW that you guys have had like a zillion posts for heart monitors, so sorry if I'm making you guys repeat yourselves! :flowerforyou:

I currently have a pedometer (which of course is on the fritz) but am staying at a place where I just don't feel comfortable walking. So I do the elliptical or Taebo, the problem with that, is when I look up calories burned on Taebo it says 600 Cals for 1/2 hour...great! if It's true! lol So I know you guys have said the only real way to know how man cals you've burned is with a HM. Sooooooo. which one do you guys recommend? I was trying to do some research and just started to go cross-eyed on the different features!

I'm looking for something that is easy to use, but will keep track cals burned, work outs, etc, that is comfortable and not too much more than 100 bucks. So ...... any suggestions? :bigsmile:

Replies

• GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Ok, I KNOW that you guys have had like a zillion posts for heart monitors, so sorry if I'm making you guys repeat yourselves! :flowerforyou:

I currently have a pedometer (which of course is on the fritz) but am staying at a place where I just don't feel comfortable walking. So I do the elliptical or Taebo, the problem with that, is when I look up calories burned on Taebo it says 600 Cals for 1/2 hour...great! if It's true! lol So I know you guys have said the only real way to know how man cals you've burned is with a HM. Sooooooo. which one do you guys recommend? I was trying to do some research and just started to go cross-eyed on the different features!

I'm looking for something that is easy to use, but will keep track cals burned, work outs, etc, that is comfortable and not too much more than 100 bucks. So ...... any suggestions? :bigsmile:
  • mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this too. I don't have a pedometer or a HRM, but I have been thinking about buying a HRM, just unsure where to even start.
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I just bought one on ebay for 15 bucks. I don't think it is a Pulse brand which is the popular brand of monitor although it said pulse on the title of the sale. Check ebay though! I bought some reebok spin shoes for $25 that work perfectly. We'll see how the monitor works, I hope it's not too inaccurate since it was so cheap...maybe I should've just spent more. I'll let u know how it works as there were a whole bunch in this price range.
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Love my F6. The F4 is cheaper. I am not sure if the F4 has web link, but I love being able to upload the info from my watch to my computer, and to see my efforts all right there on the screen.

check www.polarusa.com
  • GrnEyz
    Options
    Love my F6. The F4 is cheaper. I am not sure if the F4 has web link, but I love being able to upload the info from my watch to my computer, and to see my efforts all right there on the screen.

check www.polarusa.com

Yea, I deffinatley want something that I can put on the 'puter so I can keep track!!

Thanks, I'll check out that website!! :flowerforyou:
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    You are welcome. Today I did 10 minutes on the Elliptical, weights (2 sets, 15 reps each, 8 different exercises), and then another 28 on the Elliptical, and I burned . . .drum roll please . . .657 calories!!! How is that for TOTAL MOTIVATION. I was NOT feeling it today, and felt completely blah, but when I see those numbers tic away, I know I need to keep going and get it done.

By the way, this is all from one green-eyed girl to another!!

Let me know what you buy and how it works for you.

Gabrielle
  • GrnEyz
    Options
    See, thats another reason why I'm thinking about a HRM. I just got into a class for CNA training (required for nursing program) and I really wanted to start building muscle so when I start moving people around I don't throw my back out (I already have back probs) and it's impossible to figure out cals burned from weight lifting. So I'm heading to the website to check it out! I'll keep you posted! :happy:
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    I agree...I have the Polar F6 and love it!! It's a great way to track your progress and to know the exact amount of extra calories you can eat each time after your workout!!!:tongue:
  • daddy32542
    Options
    I will agree that the Polar F6 is the way to go. We bought one for me and my wife, we both love it. It is great to work out with, no matter what you do. I paid 75 for it brand new. It tracks everything you need.