ALWAYS over on carbs.

Options
I'm never over on calories, but I'm almost always over on carbs. Anyone got any tips?

Replies

• bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    I'm never over on calories, but I'm almost always over on carbs. Anyone got any tips?
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    When I think of carbs, I think of bread, sugary stuff like cake and cookies, and cereal. I don't eat much bread or sugary stuff, so I very rarely go over on my carbs. The only time I do is when I eat one of my favorite meals, CEREAL!
    I always seem to go over on my protein, cuz I LOVE my meat and peanut butter!
    Hope someone else can help you with your carb problem. Good luck!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Not all carbs are 'bad' and you do need some carbs in your diet. Some, like whole grains,etc., are good for you.

What kind of carbs are you typically eating?
  • bellmom627
    bellmom627 Posts: 195
    Options
    I eat pasta, rice, stuff like that. Whole wheat bread. I'm working on eating whole grain pasta and rice as well. I'm a vegetarian, so I don't eat much meat - I'm never over on protein. It's just that as a veg, there isn't much filling I can have that isn't carb based - and even beans have some carb in them.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Personally, I wouldn't be that concerned given your diet preference. Make sure you are getting protein though--need that, too! And keep the carbs good healthy ones.

With the small amount of weight you have to lose, the main issue is making sure you're getting in enough calories, which might be difficult given the focus on vegis. You don't want to cut back too much on calories or you will harm your efforts and your body.