C25K - Couch to 5K - Starting over

Options
I completed the C25K last October, but then cold weather took over. I'm ready to start again and just did Week 1, Day 1. We had a group going last time that really helped keep me motiviated.

Is there anyone starting C25K?

Replies

• strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my C25K next Tuesday (March 1st). Figured it would be a good date to start it! Good luck on yours :)
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I will be starting my day 1 either today or tomorrow for sure!
  • cdsledge09
    cdsledge09 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I am starting over tomorrow. I'll check in with you to let you know how it goes. :happy: :smile: :happy:
  • sstillwelle
    Options
    I got fitted for running shoes today and finished from my very first run/walk.
    It was even raining! but I didn't let it stop me.
    It felt great!
    I've had such a mental block against running all my life...why? I enjoyed it.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! We had a great group last time I did C25K and I'm hoping for the same thing there. I need the motivation and it was fun to do it with other people. We posted when we finished a day or just want to say something.

Sstill - It's always nice to get new running shoes and good for you to get out in the rain. I'm a fair weather person.

Yea cdsledge and puggle! It's almost spring and a perfect time to start. :smile:

Keep us posted strandedeyes!
  • suelynn62
    suelynn62 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday. I didn't think I would like to run but it wasn't so bad.I did the 30 day shred then C25K for a great workout.
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Starting tonight as my runs will be Tues, Thurs and Sat. with lifting on Sun, Mon and Wed. Taking Fridays off for rest. I am excited as I ran alot last year and worked my way up to 8 miles and completed my first 10k last may. I am just recovering from tendonitis in my ankle and am going to start slow.
  • citabean
    citabean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started C25K yesterday with my 9 year old and my boyfriend! We had a great time doing it together!
  • ljc1057
    Options
    Hi tlaich, mially, and suelynn. Finished W1D2. Had to make myself do it, but wasn't so bad once I got started. It's rainy and cold. Yuck!! I'm ready for spring!
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    great job everyone. I did W2D1 yesterday with an extra minute of running added to the last interval. I felt great and I could have gone faster if not for recovering from tendonitis in my ankle (curse you Insanity). D2 tomorrow, may push the speed alittle. Yesterday I walked at 3.6 with a 3% incline and ran at 4.6 with a 1% incline. Treadmill work for me due to the snow and ice around here.
  • ljc1057
    Options
    Finished W1D3 and it was good. I think I might do a day or two more of week1. Last time I did C25K I concentrated on just doing it. This time I'm going to work on going faster.
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Although I have been ill, I took my feet out for its first trial run of the C25K this morning and I got about halfway through before needing to head inside. It went well and I look forward to full running with a healthier self. I got the iphone app for it ($2.99), which really is helping me keep track of the time.

Just wanted to check in with you ladies and gents and I hope everyone is well!