The New Girl

Options
I joined MFP on my phone a couple weeks ago and started tracking my food to make a lifestyle change. I posted once on the message boards earlier in the week and would love to get some new friends to help along my journey.

I'm looking to loose around 50 lbs. I would like to lose 30 of it by my sisters wedding on June 18th. I'm from Michigan and I'm 23 years old. I have a 10 month old daughter and she is my main focus for making a lifestyle change. I want her and I to live a long happy life together!

Replies

• Molly08
    Molly08 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Add me, I'd be happy to have you as a friend on MFP :o)
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Finding friends on here is so important because it makes it so much more fun! Congrats on making the choice to join up- you'll love it. :)
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi there!! Good luck on your journey! Feel free to add me as a friend :happy:
    What part of Michigan are you from? I'm from there, too, but am a Chicago girl now!
  • Floricienta
    Options
    Hey!!! welcome :flowerforyou:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Good luck, new kid. You can do it!
  • spiritgurl
    spiritgurl Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Well you're off to a great start with your reason for wanting to make a change. You can do this...this is a great site for ideas and recipes and there is a ton of support to cheer you along the way. All the best to you on this journey and feel free to add me as a friend if your looking for some motivation or help along the way! We can push each other...
    Take care, Carrie
  • Xelisharose
    Options
    I'm near Troy, where did you live?
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm near Troy, where did you live?

Novi/Farmington Hills/Livonia area....did you just get dumped on with snow, again?? I have a friend in Clarkston...took her 3 hours to drive to work in Detroit yesterday :grumble:
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm brand new here...also from Michigan. We got 10 inches of snow last night here in St. Clair (by Port Huron). I am definitely going to count shoveling as some calories burned today.
  • Xelisharose
    Options
    10 inches! Supposed to get more tonight :( boooo