Flexable Vegetarian?

2»

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Must you always make a negative comment on vegetarian threads...you sure do like drama.

let me elaborate a little bit so that it doesn't sound so negative. honestly you could consider me a flexible vegetarian in that I take measures to reduce my consumption of meat, tho out of necessity and not by choice. most people would be surprised at how little protein the body really needs.

on to what I was saying earlier. there is more than one type of fiber, some are beneficial, others not so much, bit they are all non digestible compounds in food. cellulose for example adds bulk the which slows down digestion in the stomach then helps push thing along in the large intestine. other forms are not so good. legumes, and some complex grains contain large quantities of oligosaccharides, these are carbohydrates that are so large and complex that the body cannot break them down on its own. worse than that they carry nutrient with them into the colon without being absorbed. by adding certain probiotics to your diet like lactobacillus, rennet, and Penicillium, all of which are easily found in dairy products. these probiotics break down the oligosaccharides so they can be digested and absorbed. so not only do you put less stress on your gi tract you make better use of what you eat.

it is important to know these things in order to make an informed decision.

No need to tell me about protein intake, lol. I've been a veg for my entire life and have never had any issues.

And while some people may need more info on the nutrition aspect I do not...I have a culinary background and was planning attending CIA but I had my daughter instead so my pastry career flatlined, lol. But thanks.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    nevermind
This discussion has been closed.