what are you tracking?

Options
Since we are limited to only 5 things to track in the nutrition section, I am tracking cals, fat, protein, sodium, fiber. Sometimes I wish there were more columns so that I could add sugar, but I am not sure its more important than what I am already tracking....

What are you tracking and why?

Replies

• spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Cals, Fat, Carbs, Fiber

I specifically don't track sodium b/c I have low blood pressure AND I live in Louisiana....I think no salt would kill me :laugh:
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Calories - duh
    Carbs - I really have to watch these, my body loves to horde carbs.
    Fat - I aim for a low fat diet, I try to stay under 50g a day.
    Protein - I aim for a high fiat diet, I try to stay above 100g a day.
    Fiber - I need fiber in my diet, it fills me up and keeps my belly happy.
    Sodium - I notice that when I have bad sodium days, I feel bad the next day. So I try to balance the amount of sodium I eat with drinking more water. I aim for under 2000mcg, but it's not always the way it goes.

If you want to see a full report, you can click "see printable report" at the bottom and it will give you more values.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    in order of importance to me:
    sugar
    sodium
    fat
    fiber
    protein
    calories(required)
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Iron, as a female, it's very important.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    the amt of sugar will be reflected in the carbs so you're good. sodium should be around 2400 a day & if you are eating a lot of processed foods, you'll be surprised how much sodium you'll take in...and that means retaining water... meaning that you won't lose as much weight.

track: fat, protein, carbs & fiber becuase the fiber is subtracted from the carbs (net carbs), sodium
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Cal, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fiber, and Sodium. I actually alternate between sugar and sodium. I want to know how much sodium I am consuming each day. I am actually shocked some days at how much I have consumed. I am making a concerted effort to reduce my sodium.
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    I track carbs, fat, fiber, sodium and sugar.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    I track:

Carbs
    Fat
    Protein
    Fiber
    Sodium

I was tracking sugar, but became convinced to stop tracking it this weekend after following a thread on the message board. Basically, me and the OP had the same problem, any amount of fruit would put us over for Sugar. Seeing the red in this category every day was a little defeating, so I added in Fiber instead. I track Sodium because I have high blood pressure and I am *trying* to get no more than 1500 mg a day. I average out around 1700 most days, which is better than average, but not good enough for someone who is sodium sensitive. If I could add another category, it would be Iron, as I’m sure I’m low most of the time.
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Seeing how I'm a woman in my mid 20's, it's my body's last chance to utilize the calcium I take in before it's stored in my bones and starts depleting like crazy. So I track calcium instead of sugar (which I used to do) along with sodium (with the hopes it'll help me ween myself off of frozen meals), fat, protein and carbs.
  • jeanaustin
    Options
    I'm tracking calories, fat, saturated fat, protein and carbs. This is my first time tracking calories and I've finally lost a few pounds doing that plus exercising. I had a feeling my portion sizes were way too big! I also like seeing my daily iron, potassium, sodium, calcium, vitamin A & C on the droid phone app. I'm trying to get these things from the food I eat rather than a multi-vitamin. It's much harder than I thought.

4821286.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

SW: 156 @ 5'6''
    CW: 152
    Goal: 130
    1st Goal: 149 - new vera bradley purse
    2nd Goal: 130 - Garmin Women's FR60 LTD Color: Pink/White

Challenge: Run my 1st 5k on 4/23. Currently working out to Ullrey's C25k - Week 5 Day 2
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I am tracking:
    Calories
    Carbs (I really like bread, pasta, potato, etc. so this helps me keep it in check)
    Fat
    Sugar
    Sodium (I eat a lot of canned/boxed items and lunch meat, so this helps me keep it in check)
    Chol (My husband has high cholesterol so I track mine so I can see if our dinners are high in cholesterol....but I'm thinking of changing this one to something else)
  • PrairieRoseNE
    Options
    Calories = required
    Fat = sometimes I alternate this with tracking sugar
    Cholesterol = history of high cholesterol in my family tree
    Sodium = I have high blood pressure
    Carbs = to help me lower my weight, which I hope will help with my High BP and Cholesterol problems!!
    Calcium = for bone health (I even take a supplement, which I added as a food item, so I can track it too!)
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    OK HERE IS WHAT IM WONDERING....I HAD MADE A SNACK 5 MIN TO MIDNIGHT BUT I JUST SAT DOWN TO EAT IT AND DRINK MY WATER CAN I STILL USE THAT FOR FEB 21RST OR DOES IT GO ON TODAY THE 22ND?
  • WattsJA
    WattsJA Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Calories - Fat - Sat. Fat - Carbs - Fiber - Protein