When to weigh

Options
I have always heard to jump on the scale first thing in the morning - after going to the restroom but before breakfast. Is this really a true weight or just the lowest of the day so it makes us feel better? I mean really... It is up to 4 lbs lighter than other times of the day!?!?!? Is that normal??

Replies

• mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Yes that is your true weight. That is when all your food is digested and when you have processed all of your water. Your weight goes up and down during the day because of the food and water that you take in.....:flowerforyou:
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    Well, my two cents..... I certainly wouldn't count the breakfast you ate as "your weight" nor would I count urine output or a bm as your weight so yes... I would say it's your true weight when weighing after you go to the bathroom in the morning and before you eat anything (or drinnk anything).
  • sylvar51
    Options
    HI! I had a personal trainer a while back, he told me this should be the only time you weigh yourself, and you should every morning, this way you can see how foods you ate the previous day affect your weight! Like another post read this is the time when all your food and water has been digested, perfect time for your true weight! :)
  • cohollywood
    Options
    What everyone else says makes sense to me...

I weigh myself the second I get out of bed...then, I'll get my son up, get him dressed, get him breakfast, and then go weigh myself again. Without fault, it is always at least a pound heavier. I don't get it. At all.
  • tagsIT2011
    Options
    my 2 cents worth...... I don't agree in weighing yourself everyday. Because it doesn't show what your true weightloss is for the week, or month, or whatever. My trainer, and nutritionist say to weigh yourself at the same time on the same day of the week. for me, that is tuesday afternoon, so I remember to do it before "Biggest loser" and I can compare my weight loss to the show contestants.

Weighing yourself daily gets depressing. If you don't see any loss, it will affect your attitude, your determination, and may cause you to back slide. I have lived with people who were obsessive about weighing themselves daily, it was not a good day if they had gained a pound. In fact it led a couple down the road to bulimia, anorexia, and other bad eating habits.

We have enough unhealthy habits to kick without adding more pressure to ourselves and what we are all trying to accomplish....

My 2 Cents Worth :flowerforyou: