Trader Joes dairy free frozen mochi

Options
bunnyr
bunnyr Posts: 275 Member
:bigsmile: It is so good! It is definitely dairy free and I am trying to read the label to see if it is also gluten free. Does anyone know? It is so hard to find dairy free gluten free dessert!

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Your TJ's must have different mochi than mine. The TJ's by me all have Mikawaya mochi, which is just traditional mochi with normal ice cream inside of the rice dough, so I can't help you with that. But I'd love to know what brand the dairy free one is because I have a few friends that would be very happy to know about dairy free mochi. :D

*Edit* Went searching and found this: http://vegansaurus.com/post/2598244466/dairy-free-ice-cream-mochi-at-trader-joes#

Apparently the mochi dough is made from tapioca flour instead of rice, so I think you're good. But my friends don't need gluten free, just dairy free, and they'd probably be pretty testy to not get their rice dough, so the search continues. lol
  • Sara1978
    Sara1978 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Well, if they just want straight-up mochi without ice cream, it is very easy to make at home. I've made chi chi dango, one kind of mochi, at home and it is pretty much just mochiko, sugar, and coconut milk. And not at all healthy, but delicious. heh.