Glad to be back

Options
So around Thanksgiving, I decided I wanted a break from calorie counting. I intended on a momentary respite from the rigors of dieting accountability. Well its been about three months of fast food binging and zero exercise. The damage: The scale says five pounds and a 1.8% increase in body fat. I tend to think my body composition has suffered more and my cheap scale isn't showing the full story. I think I gained more than five pounds of fat and lost some muscle.

Worked out today for the first time in a while and probably ate about a third the calories I had been eating. I feel very good physically because of it.

I want to say thanks to all my fitnesspals, you know who you are that inquired about where I had gone. Without your support I may have not come back from the dark side. I feel like a relapsed drunk coming back to his AA meetings, LOL. Just to let anyone who is considering about the wisdom of a healthy lifestyle. Eating *kitten* still makes you feel like *kitten*. Eating lots of *kitten* still makes you fat.

Shep

Replies

• corey_e
    corey_e Posts: 162
    Options
    Welcome back! :bigsmile:
  • fitnezrox
    Options
    Kudos to you for coming back and for realizing that eating like *kitten* makes you feel the same!!! Our bodies are a wonderous tool, if we give it the right fuel, it will reward us back tenfold, if we give it the wrong fuel..........it breaks down. We would never put the wrong fuel in our vehicles for fear of the consequences, yet look what we are willing to put in our bodies, Hmmmmmm I think I will post this on my facebook page as a reminder for my friends, lol.
    Welcome back and congrats on jumping right in on your food and exercise!!!

Feel free to add me as a friend here and or on my facebook (it is set up as a support and information page for health and fitness)
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001938122130

have a wonderful and healthy evening
    Kim
  • jchapman1957
    jchapman1957 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome back old friend. I certainly missed having you around on here and look forward to conversing about golf this coming year. I will probably play for the 1st time this year in Aruba in about a month, and plan on playing allot more this year.