new gal looking for some help :(

hhhannnahhh
hhhannnahhh Posts: 8
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
hey guys! i'm new to this site and really looking forward to get started with a new method i never thought to try before, online accountability! i'm a teenage girl so im aware i'll get some grief about the pressures of teens today and the media (which i completely acknowledge!) but i'm not trying to be perfect, i'm being real with myself and i'm completely miserable. i can't easily find modivation to work out or sacrifice bad foods, but every time i look in the mirror i am devastated with myself and get so angry and upset. things just aren't matching up, because i get so fired up to hardcore start my weight loss journey, but then i go right back to my old ways. it is so frustrating and i am so fed up with it. i know i could look hot with about 15 more pounds gone, especially by about the second week in august for something in particular. i am so fed up with the way i've been for so long and i really need something to change in my life.. very very very soon. maybe this website is how i get there! but i really just need some butt-kicking modivation from someone who has been a little more successful than me for lessons in the emotional, mental aspect of losing weight. thanks so much if you took the time to read this and i look forward to getting some help and getting started here :smile:

Replies

• hey guys! i'm new to this site and really looking forward to get started with a new method i never thought to try before, online accountability! i'm a teenage girl so im aware i'll get some grief about the pressures of teens today and the media (which i completely acknowledge!) but i'm not trying to be perfect, i'm being real with myself and i'm completely miserable. i can't easily find modivation to work out or sacrifice bad foods, but every time i look in the mirror i am devastated with myself and get so angry and upset. things just aren't matching up, because i get so fired up to hardcore start my weight loss journey, but then i go right back to my old ways. it is so frustrating and i am so fed up with it. i know i could look hot with about 15 more pounds gone, especially by about the second week in august for something in particular. i am so fed up with the way i've been for so long and i really need something to change in my life.. very very very soon. maybe this website is how i get there! but i really just need some butt-kicking modivation from someone who has been a little more successful than me for lessons in the emotional, mental aspect of losing weight. thanks so much if you took the time to read this and i look forward to getting some help and getting started here :smile:
  • Quenofcrazzy
    Quenofcrazzy Posts: 358
    ok hannah..you ready??

You really want it?? What are you going to eat tomorrow? What work out are you going to do? What are you going to do when you get bored?
    Everything that goes in your mouth, you have to put in your food diary! and drink lots of water!!

Can you do one day?? I think you can IF YOU WANT TOO!!
  • pbjsand
    pbjsand Posts: 58
    Welcome. changing your lifestyle eating habits is hard no matter what age you are. You just have to pull yourself up by your boot straps and commit to yourself to DO IT. No one else can make you do it, but you. I have been heavy my whole life and here I am in my mid forties just figuring it out that it's ME who has to change the way I eat. My doctor is guiding me, but it is ME who is doing it. I joined the site in April when I was at a plateau, but since last September I have lost 53 pounds. I was at a 36 pound weight loss when I joined MFP in April. I have lost 17 lbs since then. I have come to accept that it is a slow process, but I am so proud of ME. I have learned that counting calories and exercising is the best way for me to do it. I had been a yo yo dieter for years but until I tried this way I had only lost a few pounds here and there only to gain it and more back. NOTHING now will make me change back. It's been a long 10 months, and I still have 80 pounds to go, but I see light at the end of the tunnel. MFP has been a great tool for me to count calories and keep track of my exercise. I don't think I'd be where I am today if it were not for this site. Hang in there and give this site a SERIOUS try. I don't think you will be disappointed. I just wish sites like this (even computers for that matter) would have been around when I was a teen.
This discussion has been closed.