Skipping?????!!!!

Options
Is skipping a good exercise? I've been told that it is, but MFP doesnt seem to recognise it as an exercise... Any ideas please?

Replies

• serenityseeker78
    Options
    Any exercise, whether it's skipping, jumping, running, or hopping....it gets your body moving! I loved skipping as a kid, it would be a great way to get a smile too ;)
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it is... it's definitely cardio and it's super fun!! But I have no idea how to calculate a recipe in order to add it to the database
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    Is skipping a good exercise? I've been told that it is, but MFP doesnt seem to recognise it as an exercise... Any ideas please?

If I was doing skipping I would log under aerobic, depending on how hard/fast you are working general or intense
  • LG61820
    LG61820 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bringing this topic up. . .I'm definately gonna add some skipping to my noontime walk today!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    skipping is one of the best cardio exercises. You can look at other sites to get an estimate of calories burned, then enter it into your MFP database.
  • briar_rose
    briar_rose Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Skipping is an amazing exercise..it's funny that they have cleaning as an exercise but not skipping??
  • sarrah2903
    Options
    Skipping is a really good form or cardio. You can find it under jump rope on the database.

I've got a skipping rope that calculates the kcals you burn during your workout using your weight, and all I can say is that it says I'm burning more than I would when I run.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I make my basketball team do high skips with arm reaches the length of the court sometimes during their conditioning. Trust me, it works them. :)
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I think I might skip for awhile today since I read this. Thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    It's in the MFP exercise list - search for jumping rope instead.

Thanks, I'm inspired to get my skipping rope out, it's currently dangling over my exercise bike!
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Skipping is a really good form or cardio. You can find it under jump rope on the database.

I've got a skipping rope that calculates the kcals you burn during your workout using your weight, and all I can say is that it says I'm burning more than I would when I run.
    Never thought to check under jump rope... Thanks! Gonna go skipping tonight then :D Havent done it since I was about 10, so should be interesting :laugh: