WHAT HAVE YOU TRIED? or haven't

Options
Hey everyone.... tired of all the wrong plans, false pills and dieting guides... I am....
And trust me, I have tried a TON...........
Let me tell you what I have tried over the last years, and whether you agree, have a different opinion, or are wanting to try something, maybe we can all learn something from eachother.
Before we spend more money !!!

PILLS ~ Flush the Fat- lol... spent my time in the bathrm.. a long time..
Hydroxycut- didnt see a change
Infomercial weight loss- totaly forget the name, but i was taking 12/day wayyy too much!
Herbal Magic- did nothing for me (except $$$$)
Xience- again nothing
Nutrition House weight loss kits- ......... as per

LEMONADE DIET ~ Now dont laugh if you have heard of it or not! Its a great cleanser and detoxer to the body. I even lost quite a bit. But the name says it all! Its a mixture of water, lemon juice, cayanne pepper, and maple syrup... doesnt sound like much but those ingredients are substancial for the body.... and you drink it about 8-10 times a day.. thats it!! I lasted 5 days and was down 11lbs... 2lbs came back, but not too bad! Google it for more info if you like!!

TEA ~ Senna tea... LOVE it for a flusher! tastes fine to me, and it works! I have IBS and my digestive track is slower then molasses... so its the pick me up that metamusil doesn't do!

DIETING DIETING AND DIETING ~ cant sem to stay on track... our lives are very busy and we have 2 children under the age of 2 1/2.
Im sure there's more I have tried, just burried deep in my brain as they likely didnt work for me and Im trying to supress the amount of money and time i have put into these things..
Dont get me wrong, I work out a lot.. hard... my career entails me to, but its this last 10-15lbs that I think is going to take me forever! Frustrated already

Replies

• BUNNYB
    BUNNYB Posts: 91
    Options
    Hey everyone.... tired of all the wrong plans, false pills and dieting guides... I am....
    And trust me, I have tried a TON...........
    Let me tell you what I have tried over the last years, and whether you agree, have a different opinion, or are wanting to try something, maybe we can all learn something from eachother.
    Before we spend more money !!!

PILLS ~ Flush the Fat- lol... spent my time in the bathrm.. a long time..
    Hydroxycut- didnt see a change
    Infomercial weight loss- totaly forget the name, but i was taking 12/day wayyy too much!
    Herbal Magic- did nothing for me (except $$$$)
    Xience- again nothing
    Nutrition House weight loss kits- ......... as per

LEMONADE DIET ~ Now dont laugh if you have heard of it or not! Its a great cleanser and detoxer to the body. I even lost quite a bit. But the name says it all! Its a mixture of water, lemon juice, cayanne pepper, and maple syrup... doesnt sound like much but those ingredients are substancial for the body.... and you drink it about 8-10 times a day.. thats it!! I lasted 5 days and was down 11lbs... 2lbs came back, but not too bad! Google it for more info if you like!!

TEA ~ Senna tea... LOVE it for a flusher! tastes fine to me, and it works! I have IBS and my digestive track is slower then molasses... so its the pick me up that metamusil doesn't do!

DIETING DIETING AND DIETING ~ cant sem to stay on track... our lives are very busy and we have 2 children under the age of 2 1/2.
    Im sure there's more I have tried, just burried deep in my brain as they likely didnt work for me and Im trying to supress the amount of money and time i have put into these things..
    Dont get me wrong, I work out a lot.. hard... my career entails me to, but its this last 10-15lbs that I think is going to take me forever! Frustrated already
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've tried Weight Watchers with the support group and it worked for me a long time ago. Since then have tried to eat as healthy as possible, but always had trouble losing weight even with being able to do 15 miles on the elliptical and 5 miles on the bike. Just working back up to that again, as took some time off and lost all the benefits. Still I was working out at the gym, using a lot of heavy free weights and having a ton of enjoyment out of feeling strong - so I ate 6 times a day with a lot of chicken and protein drinks. Didn't lose anything (still was over 200) but my waist line shrunk like from a size 22 down to a size 16/18 in a few months and I had mega-energy.
    This time, I'm giving it the go easy at every thing and just watch my calories on this site with about 250 calories burned a day, sometimes more. It's also working and I'm not as strong, but the weight is dropping, so it all works - it's just what works best for you, and what you can keep at for the rest of your life to stay trim. I guess that's the key for me - if I can't follow it all the time, then it's not worth it.

I do love the support on this site. It helps to talk it out when you blow it, or need a pat on the back.
  • cltimes2
    Options
    Hi Bunny -
    I have only tried weight watchers before and it didn't work at all. I like this site. Each day is a day...you either made it with the net calories or you didn't. If you did, GREAT...if you didn't, well tomorrow is another day. I have lost 20 lbs here...so this is working for me.
    Christy
  • sam456456
    Options
    I haven't tried any pills but there is this diet that Dr. Oz (from Oprah) recommends to where you don't eat any partially hydrogenated oils, and things like that and I didn't see a difference and its so strict that its definitely not something I could commit to for life. I've also tried the special k diet :happy: which I lost a few pounds on and it was really good for a while but, now I can't stand special k cereal!! I've also tried using Bob Green (Oprah's trainer) and I didn't have any luck really, I just wasted 50 bucks. Also, I tried the Slim Fast diet and for a while I liked it because the food is good but I didn't have any weightloss sucess. I've lost 15 pounds and I'm trying to lose another 15 pounds but its so difficult to lose!! I'm now a vegetarian (because I'm an animal lover) and that helps me in terms of limiting what I can eat. So I can't go binge on a big mac although I can eat the fries :smile: but I'm trying not to. Really now I just use my knowledge on whats good for me and I watch calories, the ingredients, portion sizes, drink lots of water, etc--so far its going all right.. And starting January I'm going to be a vegan which will be very hard but I'm sure it will help my eating habits and hopefully help me lose weight.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    No pills for me.

I've tried the Slim Fast shakes... they did work but got bored with them.
    I did Weight Watchers for about a month and didn't do much for me.
    My cousins & I also tried to lose weight together but it felt more like a competition with no support at all.. that lasted for about a month.

Pilates, Turbo Jam & Billy Blank's Tae Bo have all worked and continue to.

This site has given me the best outcome so far:bigsmile:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    I'm on the YOU! diet (Dr. Oz mentioned above) and I'm a vegetarian. For me, it's really easy, but I must count calories or I will overeat. It's really one of the best diets out there for being healthy, but you may not get down to a size 6 without counting calories.
    I did weight watchers, but it's not a lifetime diet, so the weight came back.
    I think making small, life-time, changes works best. If you can't do it for the rest of your life, it's probably not a good diet. That said, that doesn't mean you should never eat french fries again, just not every week.

I also do interval cardio exercise. It really seems to help me.

This site is really good.
  • tdroseler
    Options
    this is a thread that is way up mu alley, lol:tongue:
    i get to be long winded
    i have tried the Grapefuit diet, Cabbage (Miracle) soup diet, herbal remedies, virtually all of them, too many to list. I have faked Herbal Magic, done Atkins...that was weird
    Slim fast, and other immitations, Fasting diets, starvation diets, of course....
    Made up my own Tuna melt diet, lol...i was addicted to them , had them everyday for about a year. but i walked like 2 hours a day...hhhmmm????:wink:
    I tried the Beachbody.com...to some degree of sucess. A friend of mine was doing it with me, and it was good...less bread, and pasta starches, more vegetables . good food choices and exercise tapes we laughed along to.
    Oh yes, that reminds me...thigh masters,stationary bikes, steppers, treadmills.Richard Simmons...yes, i had a few tapes from him, lol....i liked the music. Ohhhh yah, and that scary woman...Sussan Power...powder, whatever...i read all her books...saw an interview with her, i think she has red glowing eyes.....:devil: It Figures...remember Charlene Prickett? i still have nightmares about her. rubber bands, ohh, ohh, and those rubber waist thingies...make you sweat like crazy in one spot, like that is going to make the fat melt off, lol. I did this one place where they hooked you up to a frankenstein machine, and the electrodes were suppose to make you mucles work out while you slept...only did it twice, cause i freaked me out too much. I ve bough into so many things i can;t remember them all. Was always scared of the diet "pills" though, but did the herbs. That "Fat flush" was nothing but a version of Ex-lax. I have even tried hypnosis and subliminal tapes.

Cant say all were bad...i have taken some knowledge from some things. I do know my body opperates better on starches that come from vegetables, rather than filling up on bread, pasta etc.
    Excercise is very helpfull, no matter what type, but walking is still easiest, and cheapest, lol. There is no Miracle out there. It ain't gonna go away over night. I have also decided that those "diets" out there are torcher devices, designed to keep fat people fat. Why not...it is a trillion dollar industry. they don't really want us to get healthy,
    Now this site...acompanied with the wisdom of the people who use it...well...we all want to llose our unhealthy ways...and we want the family we make here to be as successful as we are...this is real, no gimmicks, no frills, no hocus pocus, no computer altered before and after pictures. we are real people here. real hearts, real souls, real determination, and real sucess...how can i go wrong with that?
    and it fits my budget, lol
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    BTW the YOU diet is completely free at www.realage.com - there are even free workout videos.

I like the idea that doctors want you to be healthier without making you spend money. Any pills, special workout equipment, endorsement foods, etc turn me off.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Mary! I just went to that website and did the test, so we'll see what my "realage" is in a little while.

Well... I've tried it all, too!!! I've done everything from the cabbage soup diet to the teas to the pills, etc. I remember a few years back I did the watermelon diet. You eat ONLY watermelon for 5 days straight. What was I thinking??? LOL! I went to Weight Watchers for about 6 months. It worked for me, but as the saying goes, it worked so well I quit doing it! So, here I am. I like this site a lot. It keeps me accountable. I love to work out, so that part is easy. BUT I love to eat, too, so that part is not so easy!!! I really do think that the majority of success for me is going to come when I can figure out how to eat healthy consistently. I'll do really well for 3 days in a row and then completely blow it with wine, crackers, pasta, dessert, whatever. It's discouraging... but old habits die hard.

Great topic! It's really fun to read what everyone has tried.
  • tamratowersbutler
    Options
    I have been doing the master cleanse, but not for the purpose of losing weight. I have been doing it for the purpose of cleaning myself completely out and ridding my body of possible parasites. I have done a huge amount of research on this diet and did not even realize that Beyonce was doing this... or that it was a new fad diet. I honestly did not even know that it was for weight loss... each drink is 110 calories... so if you have 6-12 a day... that could add up to 1200 a day... and you may not lose weight. I also know that people can gain weight... my friend did.... and she is an extremely naturalist... owns a health store.

This diet is extremely hard. I am extremely pleased with what is happening... and believe that all of us have parasites! Books I have read said that 95% of us have them... and also... that it can plug you up. When I realized that we were suppose to have BM's three times a day!

I had surgery in December and my whole body changed. I have started to have problems in the above area. I eat tons of fresh fruit and veggies and have lost 68 pounds. I am so happy with my weight loss.. but distressed over seeing what was happening and how i felt after this surgery. The more I read... the more I knew I wanted to get totally and completely cleaned out. I went to a doctor and went to a few other people telling them my theories. It took me three weeks to get ready to do this diet.

Here is what I want to tell you... I have lost 9 pounds in 6 day, but it possibly may be a lot of water weight and yukko (above explained) weight. (sorry to be so dog on graphic in all of this !)... my skin is changing and the smells that are coming off of my body, and breath are amazing. They say that if you smoked 15 years ago... that as your organs are releasing the toxins and impurities... that you may be able to smell or taste things that you did in your past.

I am 48 and have NEVER gone through a cleanse. I am listening to my body and deciding as I go when to lose. You stay on this diet a minimum of 10 days and you can go on it for a great deal of time. It takes three days to come back off it...

It made a great deal of sense to me. I am really into alternative medicine and living a natural life. Clean water... air... food... it is all very important to me.

So.. for people like me... I think it is a good thing. My friend (that owns the health food store) does this every year! And has since the 1980's!!!

If any of you want to keep track of my experience... become my friend... tamratowersbutler
    I will keep you up to date on this.

Tamra

P.S. I work out 5-10 hours a week... and that has slowed down... but I feel the strength and stamina to do it... I just have not been working out as long as I usually do cuz of the friendship with "john" my house potty. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Blah, I think this is just plain wrong
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I have tried many many things. Weight Watchers (which IS a great program but I would tend to cheat a bit too much....with "Well, that SEEMS to be 3 points, etc.".

I took Xenadrine a few years ago. That did help. But part of it was because it made me feel so sick I didn't want to eat much! I would go to bed and would be shaking and my heart beat would be SO fast. It scared the crap out of me!

I have tried eating a carrot a day (starving myself) and of course that brings weight off......muscle mass! And leaves the fat! And once I started eating again, the weight piled on, and even more than before!!

After all of this I have FINALLY realized that there is no magic fix! You have to take the weight off simply by doing the opposite of what you did to put it on in the first place. You need to watch your caloric intake (journal)...and eat smaller portions and exercise! It's as simple as that. BUT, where the calories come from has to be an important part of the journey as well. Lean protein, fiber, complex carbs, etc etc! More water, lower sodium. All these things are better for your body and your body WILL respond favorably, no matter who you are.

Slow and steady wins the race when it comes to weight loss!
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    1. I have done Slim Fast with no huge results.
    2. One of the Hydroxy's and all it did was make my heart race and they didn't feel good.
    3. NutriSystem which works great and I lost a lot of weight but it get so expensive.
    4. And this site which I am having the best results and it doesn't cost me a dime. I can still eat with my family just in different portions and have no contracts to abide by. I am learning to eat instead of someone just giving it to me and saying "EAT." I am also learning about BMR and what I have to eat to survive and it all makes sense. I think that's why I have stuck with it.

It's true, there is no secret "diet" pill or else we all would be skinny. It takes patience, determination and focus.... along with getting your butt off the sofa and exercising!!!!!!!