Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

17 day diet

Hi everyone,

I recently saw a (older) show of the Doctors where they talked about the 17 day diet. I read little about online, but really did not find much. Anyone out there tried it? Is it worth buying the book/trying out? Does calorie cycyling work or is it just another fad? Thank everyone!

Replies

• I have just ordered the book/excerise video the other day waiting for everything to come ! I am excited about trying it out ! I will have to let you know how it works !
  • I have it sitting right here in front of me. It's by Dr Mike Moreno. I have read half of the book. From what I gather it's kind of like the Dr Phil Plan. Whole grain, whole wheat, fruits, veggies, lean meat, etc. No white sugar, no white flour, no white rice, etc. I think it will be worth it for you if you really don't know much about making right decisions with 'healthy' food choices.
    He recommends low sugar fruits - 2 servings daily (apples, berries, grapefruit, oranges, peaches, pears, plums, prunes and red grapes).
    On the 17 day diet meals, every single meal he wants you to drink 1 cup of green tea. So 3 cups daily. Why? He say's it's an added fat-loss benefit. There are certain natural chemicals called catechins in green tea increase fat-burning and stimulate thermogenesis, the calorie burning process that occurs as a result of digesting and metabolizing food.
    Here is an example of the first day on your first 17 days.
    Breakfast: 2 scrambled egg whites, 1/2 grapefruit and 1 cup of green tea.
    Lunch: Large green salad topped with tuna, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive or flaxseed oil and 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar and 1 cup of tea.
    Dinner: Plenty of grilled chicken with liberal amounts of any vegetables from the list, steamed or raw (brocolli, cauliflower, asparagus, brussels sprouts, cabbage, carrots, artichoke or aritchoke hearts.

There are 3 cycles:
    Cycle 1: Accelerate (17 day's): To promote rapid weight loss by improving digestive health. It helps clear sugar from the blood to boost fat-burning and discourage fat storage.
    Cycle 2: Activate (17 day's): To reset your metabolism through a strategy that involves increasing and descreasing your caloric consumption to stimulate fat-burning and to help prevent plateaus.
    Cycle 3: Achive (17 day's): To develop good eating habits through the re-introduction of additional foods and move you closer to your goal weight.

Good luck. I think it's worth it.
    ~Jodi

1777610.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    I've been on it since Jan3,2011 and have lost a total of 23.4lbs since.. I LOVE IT!! It really works for me, and is soooo simple...I've never stuck to a plan this long, and I have learned so much about food and my body, I will definately reach my goal weight and maintain it this time!
  • heniko
    heniko Posts: 796 Member
    Thanks everyone for the replys! I think I will go out see about getting this book!