S.B.F. Challenge. . .June 26

Options
Good morning, fitness enthusiasts!

Today is my last Thursday "off" before I start doing yoga 3xs a week. I'll still manage a short (30 min-ish) walk if the weather holds out. I have an appointment at the University that doesn't let me line up with any of the yoga classes today.

I'm feeling my "fitness test" from yesterday, particularly in my legs (the dreaded "wall sit"). I've been thinking about everything on that. . ."I could have lasted longer. . ." but, by Olympics day, I will actually be stronger, better, faster.

Oh, and during my assessment, he also did a RMR calculation that figured in body fat. My RMR according to this is 1564 (200ish calories higher than my previous calculations). And, part of my new fitness goal is to increase muscle mass, therefore increasing my RMR (our short term goal is 1700) This is the biggest incentive to weight train ever for me.

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning, fitness enthusiasts!

Today is my last Thursday "off" before I start doing yoga 3xs a week. I'll still manage a short (30 min-ish) walk if the weather holds out. I have an appointment at the University that doesn't let me line up with any of the yoga classes today.

I'm feeling my "fitness test" from yesterday, particularly in my legs (the dreaded "wall sit"). I've been thinking about everything on that. . ."I could have lasted longer. . ." but, by Olympics day, I will actually be stronger, better, faster.

Oh, and during my assessment, he also did a RMR calculation that figured in body fat. My RMR according to this is 1564 (200ish calories higher than my previous calculations). And, part of my new fitness goal is to increase muscle mass, therefore increasing my RMR (our short term goal is 1700) This is the biggest incentive to weight train ever for me.

Happy workouts to all!:flowerforyou:
  • mlillie
    mlillie Posts: 302
    Options
    Not a good night last night- I had a bad emotional eating episode and was unhappy about it but logged it anyway and tried to not freak out about it.

Went to the gym this morning walked at high grade for 30min.
    I am finding it hard to get the the gym and get a full hour workout which would be ideal. I will keep working on it.
    will go to yoga tonight or back to the gym.
    Looking forward to starting a really good weight routine soon!
    Vivakay- you have the right idea!!

Everyone- have a wonderful day.
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good morning Viviakay and to all my SBF Friends :smile:

Yesterday was a good day I did a 50 min step workout dvd and 20 min abs. I'm feeling it in my abs this morning.
    Have a Great Thurdsay the weekend is almost here:bigsmile: :drinker:

Pam
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Mornin' SBFers! It's a dreary morning here in Upstate NY-raining buckets AGAIN! Hopefully the sky will clear enough to get a walk in.

Sixth day of Level 3 Shred & it kicks my butt but I'm seeing results that I really like, like my size 8 jeans!

I had Hubby put new batteries in my stationary bike and am going to add 30 minutes of riding to my daily routine. My first addition to exercise was my bike and I saw great results on my legs & butt.

Everyone have a great day!:drinker:

Forgot to add-down another pound this morning!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Another 99 degree day here. No rain for at least the past month. More of the same for the next two months, unless we get a tropical storm/hurricane. Odd thing to wish for, right?

I feel your pain V, on the body fat %. So what did the test entail? I did the msn one and it had a step, forward bend, push-ups, and balance.

Yesterday I pushed myself to go to weights class and then felt good enough to do yoga. Also went for a short walk. Today is probably elliptical as it's too hot to workout in the house for very long.

Hope to be able to say the same thing Julie - only 6 lbs to go :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

I feel your pain V, on the body fat %. So what did the test entail? I did the msn one and it had a step, forward bend, push-ups, and balance.

Yep, that sounds really similar. Push-ups (as many as I can without compromising my form) and the balance board on top of a ball thingee. . .which I felt I sucked at, but he told me actually I did really well on. And holding the plank for as long as the possible (ugh. double ugh. . . but thanks to BL Bob, I did respectably well)

There were also "functionality" tests, like stepping off of a step and putting my hands over my head, trying to grab my hands together behind my back (super, super easy thanks to yoga). And toe touching, which I can now do! (again, thanks to Yoga)

There were electrodes for the body fat test, and the same machine also gave my RMR. . .so not the "mask test", but he said it was actually very accurate. Also, my blood pressure was really low (I forget the number. . .I suck at remembering numbers) and my resting heart rate was in the low 50s (woot!)

I like the new gym, because they actually discouraged me from a "scale goal". . .so we decided on lower body fat %, higher RMR and size lost around the bellybutton (how can that be 30? :tongue: How, I ask you?)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Ah, the rocker board. My sister and nephew have one of those. It's suppose to help you with skateboarding, snowboarding, and surfing - just in case you were planning on enlisting in extreme sports. I totally suck at those too, but my general balance is great. One test was eyes closed in easy tree pose another had you come on to your toes in easy tree (think lifted leg near ankle rather than thigh).

I'm always off the charts in flexibility...just don't ask me to do a sit-up. :laugh:

My waist has hovered between 29-30 for a while now. It's all coming off my thighs and hips. It will go back to my waist soon, I hope.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi millili...(i think I spelled that right) lol
    I also find it hard to fit in an hour work out....
    so what I do is...
    at work on my 1st break I walk for the 10 minutes (brisk)
    then my lunch break I get 30 minutes for lunch so I walk very fast with weights all over the area close to work
    then when I get home I do 20 minutes
    plus my situps and stuff while I am laying on the floor watching tv...
    so that gives me an hour of cardio...
    and it doesnt feel so long....