Help!!!

Options
I stepped on a nail yesterday which has inhibited me from doing any type of excersing considering I can't even walk. I am one of those people that once I stop its hard for me to get back into again. Do you have any suggestions for me about what to do?! Thanks!

Replies

• Christine30412
    Options
    I stepped on a nail yesterday which has inhibited me from doing any type of excersing considering I can't even walk. I am one of those people that once I stop its hard for me to get back into again. Do you have any suggestions for me about what to do?! Thanks!
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    onlly suggestion i have that doesnt relate to exercise is go get a tetnus shot i stepped on a nail as a child and it got sevearly infected i was in the hospital for days....
  • Tbeekins
    Tbeekins Posts: 14
    Options
    try doing crunches or leg lifts. it all works the belly. also barbell lifts.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    work on the upper body. And since weather is good, see if you can find a pool. Great cardio workout without having to put pressure on your foot.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Punches - brings up the Heart Rate and it's good if you have lower body injury

standing with your feet slightly apart - pretend you sitting- sticking you butt out - slightly bend your knees and punch across your body -

I usually put on some music and get rid of the stress -

if it hurts to much to put pressure on your foot lean against the table to take some pressure off of your foot.
  • Christine30412
    Options
    ok, thanks everyone for the suggestions! :smile:
  • Christine30412
    Options
    I know...I just called my dr. and I haven't had one in 12 years, so I have to go get one after work.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I know...I just called my dr. and I haven't had one in 12 years, so I have to go get one after work.

Good idea! You might need a tetanus shot if you haven't had one in a while. Hope you feel better soon! :flowerforyou: