Help needed

Options
In November 2010, i decided i needed to do something about my increasing weight gain as i reached 200 pounds. I joined the gym and got a workout plan drawn up. By christmas, i had lost 13pounds and dropped 2 dress sizes. i have my fitness plan changed every 4 weeks but in the last 4 weeks i havent's lost any weight. A friend recomeded MFP site after i asked her about what i might do to get things moving again. i excercise regularly and my net calories are 1500. does anyone have any suggestions on what i might be doing wrong or what i need to do. I think my problem is food, so does anyone know what i should be eating and how much. This might sound silly but when i know not only what i need to eat but how much it will be easier as i won't be guesing what an ideal portion should be. i'm thinking of drawing up a food schedule to follow so i don't pick, but i don't know what it should contain.
Please help.

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    If you make your diary public, we can take a peek and offer suggestions :-)

Generally, I suggest avoid anything that is processed (fast food, packaged stuff, anything in a bag/box, etc) and eating lots of natural fruits and veggies. Make sure you are drinking lots of water also.

Starting the day with a high protein meal always keeps me full and helps me avoid eating crap later. Planning all of your meals before you eat them is a life saver!

Good luck!
  • anorton45
    Options
    Have you logged in your information and set a goal? MFP will give you a daily calorie goal based on your current info. It won't break it down in to portion size or quantity of meals, but I find having a daily goal gives me a starting point. I'm currently trying to do 3-4 400 calorie meals and a couple of lighter snacks, depending on the exercise and calories burned for the day. On light days I adjust accordingly.

and if your net calories are 1500 after your exercising, it's possible you're not getting enough to eat and that's slowed you down to a crawl. Gotta eat those calories burned during exercise to keep you closer to your goal.

Example. Eat 1500
    Burn 800
    Net = 700....

should eat around 2200 give or take.

If you're eating your exercise calories, you might need to adjust your goals with your current info and decrease just a smidge of what your eating?
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    As far as what foods goes, you should be eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and low fat dairy. Make sure to get at least 8 glasses of water per day, a couple more when you exercise. (I get 24oz while I'm at the gym.) Avoid all processed foods and refined sugar. When I cut out refined sugar I dropped almost 4 pounds in one week!
  • reikichris
    Options
    Here are a few things that have worked for me.

• I plan my meals using the food diary a week in advance and stick to it. It helps me stick to my diet and gives me more variety in my meals as I am never rushed to figure out what to eat.

• I measure out the food I eat to make sure I am getting proper portions.

• I make sure to include raw fruits and vegetables in my daily snacks, as well as in my meals.

• I avoid processed foods (for the most part) and make homemade whenever possible.

• I drink on average 10 cups of water per day.

I hope this helps you!

I know how frustrating it is to plateau, but keep at it!