nike + ipod

Options
Can anyone explain to me what this is? I am new to the gym and I have noticed that all of the machines are nike + ipod machines. I have nike app on my iphone. Do I need a special pair of nikes? A sensor?

TIA!

Replies

• pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You should be able to plug it into the machine and it will record your workout. I tried it once with my phone a while back and I couldn't get it to work (I think it only worked on actual ipods) but you shouldn't need the shoes. Not too sure about the sensor because I have quit using the sensor and started using the nike+GPS on my phone.

http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/workout.html

There is some information on it, hope this helps a little
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    you could ask the gym people. i think they should know. i have no feedback for you though so that was my suggestion :)
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    There is a watch that connects with a sensor. Some of the nike shoes already have the sensor in them and if you don't have nikes or the ones with a sensor you can buy the sensor and attach it to your shoe laces. The watch/sensor tells you how far you have ran, calories, etc and you can also change your ipod music with the watch. I have one, but the calorie count and mileage isn't real accurate. I prefer a gps watch and heart rate monitor.
  • GooBeGone
    GooBeGone Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    if u have an iTouch u don't need the sensor b/c it's built in2 the iTouch.

just an FYI in case u're told 2 purchase a sensor :smile:
  • christenmc
    Options
    you need to get the sensor that goes into or on the shoe. I have nike plus sneakers and the sensor goes under the left sole. Then you sync the shoe with either your ipod touch (which already comes with the software) , a nano, a nike plus machine or the nike sports bands.

It tracks your runs, gives you an estimate of calories burned and you can set goals/plans.

Hope that helps

ETA- if you don't wear a nike plus shoe they make clips so that you can add the shoe sensor on to any shoe.