It's Grilling Season!

Options
healthymomwannabe
healthymomwannabe Posts: 252 Member
We live in frigid MN, snow still everywhere, but we're in the mood for grilled steak tonight! What's the leanest cut of steak, with great flavor?

Replies

• Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great question! I am interested to see the answers!
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Top Cut Beef Sirloin 4 oz= 212 cals! It's a great choice. We just grilled them on Sunday, and I'm from MN. I first marinated 2 hrs in light balsamic vinigrette dressing with some mrs dash garlic seasoning. Was AWESOME!
  • skynyrdchick
    Options
    I would say filet mignon. Of course it is the most expensive as well..
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Check out this website:

http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/leanbeef.aspx

It definitely opened my eyes.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i love oyster steak. Its like a mini london broil. super lean, like no fat on it. not so juicy and only good for medium rare cooking. If you want more well done meat, then go with something a little fattier and have a smaller portion.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    We just use petite sirloin, when we get it on sale it's only 2.99/lb. Then we use Adolf's meat tenderizer and McCormick's Grillmates Montreal Steak. My husband is the main grill master, but I think he just stabs the steaks all over with a fork, dampens the steak with just a bit of water, shakes on the tenderizer, then the seasoning and drops it on the grill. Towards the end he usually pours some beer over, too. Comes out FABULOUS! And the seasoning only has 5 cals/ .75 tsp. Hope you find something you like!

PS: It was only 25 degress here the other day, snow on the ground and we were grilling chicken, you are not alone!! =)