Shakeology

Options
Has anyone tried Shakeology? If so, what do you think? I am considering it.

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I really really love it, I used to use Slimfast because I'm cheap, and I can totally tell the difference in everything, my mood, my energy, my hair, my skin, best money I ever invested in myself!!
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    It's fantastic! I think it is really versatile, so I never tire of the taste and it has helped me with my chocolate cravings. Plus, I just feel a million times better when I drink it - more energy, better regularity, and my eating is more on track. I can send you a sample if you would like.
  • ChefJenn
    ChefJenn Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    make sure you have the $$$ for it.
    I personally did not like the taste of it at all and would rather use the money each month to build a more healthy meal that feeds my whole family each night than me just drinking a glass.

I was on a protein shake diet for 6 months after I had surgery so.. its up to you.
    atleast get a beachbody peep to give u a free sample to try first
  • jkellsworth
    Options
    I'm considering it also. Curious to see what others have to say. Would like to hear the goods and the bads.
    Thanks for posting the question! :)
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    Ive been wondering about this too. I'm doing TurboFire and they always talk about it.
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have thought about it too, but I am weary of spending that much money on something I may not like (taste wise).
  • Melisha82
    Options
    i use the chocolate shakeology and I love it! I put extra ice in it so it's like ice cream instead of a shake lol... it reminds me of the chocolate frosty from Wendy's!!!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    The first sample I got, I HATED the taste, and then some one told me to add more liquid to it, (which I added another 4 oz of water so I wouldn't have the extra calories) and now I'm addicted to it! I honestly crave it every day! I make my Chocolate one with peanut butter and banana!! It's yummy!!
  • mrjason
    mrjason Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I thought the chocolate one tasted awful. So far people say "it's great" but don't have much more to offer.
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I did it for a few months last year & thought it was really yummy but it is expensive. I did the Coach thing for a while also to save on costs but unless you are buying a lot of BB products the monthly amount you are paying isn't beneficial unless you are recruiting other people to sell. If you have the $$ - go for it. I did the chocolate one & would mix it with unsweetened almond milk (40 cal per cup), 1/2 banana & ice & it was a great healthy treat. There are tons of recipes out there also. Definitely get in touch w/ a coach who can send you a free sample before you invest all that $$.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I have seen and heard about it, but after researching costs and benefits have decided to go without. One, I am trying to stay away from drinking my calories, and two, I already spend enough money on BB videos and Shakeology is a lot of money for shakes if you ask me.
  • dcdc13
    dcdc13 Posts: 86
    Options
    I love it, I'm on HCG Injections and my Dr said I can have it with my HCG, so I do once -two times a week. If I do a Shakeology I will only take one multi vitamin instead of two. The chocolate is so yummy, some people don't like the Greenberry one, but one of my nurses said she puts pineapple juice in it and it's really good. Maybe get pineapple juice that isn't so sugary though.

YOu can get the individual packets, which I got from my Dr.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Like txjulie, that is part of the reason I became a coach. I have been drinking the chocolate shakeology regularly for about a month and a half now.

As far as the taste goes, I think that you will enjoy it better if you blend it up with ice...even better if you add milk (or whatever milk-like drink you have). Like someone else pointed out it is great with peanut butter and/or bananas. Basically, add anything that you enjoy chocolate with. If I have the shake as my meal then I add other stuff to provide more substance, but if I am just using it as a snack, then I will use just water.

I have also had the greenberry, and wasn't so crazy about that one, but I mostly just added water. Of course, I'm sure it would have been more enjoyable if I would have added juice/fruit to it.

One of the major reasons why Shakeology is a great option is because of the nutritional value. You would have to consume about 5 lbs of veggies each day to get the amount of nutrition you get from 1 serving of shakeology. Shakeology is much more than JUST a protein shake or meal replacement.

I will happy to give you more information as I learn. I have only been a coach for a short time.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I love it! i loved it enough to sign up to coach for the discount on that and the programs. I admit it is $$$$! I am currently out and can't wait to order more. To cut the cost a bit I had pretty good result mixing a half a scoop of the Shakeology chocolate with 1/2 a scoop of another whey. Still tasted great!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I thought the chocolate one tasted awful. So far people say "it's great" but don't have much more to offer.

Agreed. I got a free sample from somebody, and I tried it with a bit of peanut butter mixed in. It was GROSS.
  • sdhorne
    sdhorne Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well I will try anything once, so someone bring on the free trial. LOL
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I had a sample of each, chocolate was delicious and so creamy but greenberry was nasty!

I however won’t pay $119 a month when my protein powder is $29 for 69 servings.

Yes, I am fully aware there are more nutrients less protein in Shakeology but still, it's not worth the investment unless you are hard core and have given up a naughty lifestyle including all cheats PERMANENTLY. Why waste your money if you don’t have the perfect athlete mindset when it comes to fitness and nutrition IMO. If you are nearing perfection in your eating and exercising habits then by all means, you deserve it.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Well I will try anything once, so someone bring on the free trial. LOL

You just have to ask a coach either on here or google it. I had a tougher time b/c I'm in Canada and most coaches didn't want to ship to me (no automatic shipping from home seemed to be the main reason). Fitness coaches who didn't want to get off their bum, how ironic!
  • kristyyoung
    kristyyoung Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the great feedback.

I never eat breakfast (I know...bad me.) so I thought I could do something like shakeology for breakfast. It is pretty expensive, so I am going to have to think about it before I make the investment. I think I'm going to try the samples and take it from there.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I've never tried it, but my grocery budget for 3 is only about $200 a month. So i say, if you have money coming out your @$$ :wink: and spending $4 on one meal or snack is no big deal then why not try it? It is solid nutritionally. But, if it's a stretch budget wise, it's not a magic cure all health pill that makes everything better and that you should sacrifice your other food budget or other parts of your budget for. If you have something you can easily cut out to supplement it (ie Starbucks daily, or fast food daily, smoking etc) that's also another thing, but I don't have anywhere to cut so it would be an unjustified "luxury" in our house.