my new friend

lisaanthony3
lisaanthony3 Posts: 5
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
I'm 41 and have never had a scale in my house. I've been using the one at the gym. So I decided to buy myself one and I am hoping the scale will become my friend. If not my neighbor will be finding themselves a new scale on their front lawn.

Replies

• The scale is not my friend. I find myself wieght everyday and getting very frustrated.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    good luck with the scale - there's so many to choose from. I like the digital ones - they're easier to read and I can see the numbers without bending down.
  • I love having a scale in the house! However, I don't weigh myself everyday. I used to but I found that I got really frustrated with it because my weight would fluctuate daily, lose weight, gain weight, lose weight gain weight...and it just messed with my whole mentality. When I would see a smaller number I'd feel really really great and eat super healthy and then when I would see the bigger number I would be depressed about it and feel like there was no point in dieting.

So, I decided to have a weekly weigh in. Since I've done that I've seen myself gradually losing weight at the pace I want.

Weekly weigh in+ consistency in diet= a much happier me. ....and my neighbors don't have to worry about my scale on their lawn anymore. ;-)
  • i have a talking scale and i tell it to shutup all the time :)
This discussion has been closed.