BL Last Chance Workout

Options
I know there are several threads on BLLCW and I considered just replying to one of them but then I thought, what the hey, and started my own thread :bigsmile:

I'm doing the 30 Day Shred right now but thought I would try this next. I took a sneak peek today and did the warm-up and about 10 minutes of the workout. So far I'm really liking it. I love that it features actual people that were on Biggest Loser. And I love that they're not skinny little fitness witches...er ah...women. I love that they're never in sync and can't always finish the exercise! It's more 'real' to me and I think I will enjoy it more than the Shred.

So for those of you who have tried this DVD, what are your thoughts?

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    that's hysterical. I don't like the biggest loser dvds much because of the contestants they have doing the workout. I feel like they don't inspire me to push myself. I love the assistants that Jillian Michaels uses in her dvds. They really get me pushing hard.
  • knelson422
    Options
    I just got the last chance work out bc my 30 day shred got a scratch in it. I did the whole workout for the first time this morning, and I really liked it. I also like the Jillian Michaels "No Trouble Zones" a lot too. I prefer the shorter 30 Day Shred, because it is hard for me to do anything in my house for more than 30 minutes uninterupted. All of them are great workouts. Good luck.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a Jillian Michaels DVD fan. I am currently doing P90X, so I've shelved Jillian temporarily (and not completely). But for the last 6-8 months I've been doing Blast Fat/Boost Metabolism, No More Trouble Zones, and 30 Day Shred. She beats me up in a good way. On the P90X days I am supposed to be doing Kenpo X or Cardio X, I do BFBM because it is tougher.
  • rherrin5
    rherrin5 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    i did the biggest loser last chance work out last year. Jullian leads you thru it with other tv members. Its a great dvd. I enjoyed it. She pushes you hard core! I did make it to week 4 I believe and then slacked off. Its an interesting dvd and I dont think you will be disappointed if you want someone yelling at you to push you harder and harder hahahah Sometimes she was just to much for me but the workout is good. :)
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I LOOOVE The Last Chance Workout! LOVE. I havent really found a Biggest Loser DVD that I dont like. Cardio Max is probably my favorite since it can be customized depending on my time and what kinds of moves I want to do. I like the Sculpt DVD, too. 30 Day Shred is decent. I am a big fan of Bob's kettlebell workouts, too! If you have Exercise TV, they have a lot of the Biggest Loser workouts listed there. LOVE them :)
  • KariQuiteContrary
    KariQuiteContrary Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just got the last chance work out bc my 30 day shred got a scratch in it. I did the whole workout for the first time this morning, and I really liked it. I also like the Jillian Michaels "No Trouble Zones" a lot too. I prefer the shorter 30 Day Shred, because it is hard for me to do anything in my house for more than 30 minutes uninterupted. All of them are great workouts. Good luck.

Agreed! I love my shred dvd. :) If you're up for something newer of Jillian's I'd recommend Shred it With Weights. She uses a kettle bell during it but you can adapt to normal weights. It's only 30 minutes and I'm pouring sweat by the end of it without feeling like I'm gonna die! I tried a little bit of LCW but it really wasn't my thing.
  • liz_bolin
    liz_bolin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I jusst started Biggest Loser Last Chance workout and Biggest Loser Power Sculpt yesterday. I love them both. The Last chance workout workout also has some Sculpt in it so the days it has that in it so I dont do the Power Sculpt on Tuesdays and Thursdays. But I am also doing P90X and the Ellipitical everyday
  • LeAnn_Mae
    LeAnn_Mae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Netflix has several of Jillian's and the Biggest Loser DVDs so I may try them all!
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I got the BLLCW because it has the previous contestants, particularly Allen Smith. I know him personally, although not well (Our daughters went to the same school, and we attend the same church). It is very motivating to see him in that because it was when he was about halfway through, and it was obviously still WORK for him to workout to that extent. I like knowing that it wasn't always easy like a lot of workout videos make exercise look. It is great that he has lost so much weight and is keeping it off, but it will be a long while yet before I can complete a workout like any of these, so I don't want it to LOOK easy either!