Sodium

Options
What good does it do to watch the sodium intake? Can it have an impact on weight loss?

Replies

• deejaifresh
    deejaifresh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but sodium makes you retain water which in turn makes you feel all bloated and such. Cut back on sodium and drink the recommended water and that will cut out bloating! =)
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Yes, too much sodium creates water retention. Water is heavy and will show on the scale. If I go out to eat and have a high sodium meal I see a difference on the scale the next morning.

It's also very, very bad for your health and longevity. Much more important than weight loss.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    search Just 5 days difference! here on the posts and see a picture my friend posted of what watching your sodium can do for you!!!!!
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    ah thank you lol:bigsmile:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    You are welcome. I figured I would make it easy for the original poster.
  • shaunarlr83
    Options
    is the link just what is in your browser bar when that page is open? you copy and paste it right, so simple i waste a lot of time trying to explain stuff lol
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I had to search for it, but yes, I just copied and pasted the address in the browser bar.
  • SunnyFitt
    SunnyFitt Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I added Sodium to my Food Diary and it seems that the daily goal should be 2.500. I'm always way below that. Is that goal what it should be or is 2.500 maybe to much? Do you know what is the right amount of Sodium in a day.