fat metaboliser

Options
Just curious if anyone has tried fat metaboliser and what they thought?

I was in holland an barretts today and noticed these on offer. Got speaking to a lady who said that so many people continously buy these week in week out. Its not what I would personally consider the normal weight loss pill (Ive recently tried one prescribed from my doctor which I hated) this actually comes with a food plan you have to stick to as well.

The bottle holds a course for 2 weeks but will only be trying them this week along with my housemate who will also do a week and see how they go (refused to buy 2 bottles to find they dont work)

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Pills don't work, it is the diet they give you with it that would. Following MFP works and is free and no pill.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    dont necessarily agreee with you there as I lost 2 stone with pills last year. MFP might work but I havent seen it happen so far. As Ive now got an unknown health condition which has prevented me from exercising for over 3 weeks so I wanted to find something to help me out.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    no offense- but you CAN do it without that stuff. Seriously- I have lost almost 115 lbs in a year. WITHOUT any pills. And I am still here, motivated, healthier, and happier. Taking a pill is not the answer. Most can agree that doing it the old fashioned way is the best because you will gain the tools needed for a healthier life. That is just my 2 cents!!!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I would be worried about taking any kind of pill with an "unknown" health condition. You say the pills worked for you but is that 2 stone (I believe that equals about 28 lbs) still gone? How much did you put back on when you stopped taking the pills?

If you eat healthy, keep your calorie intake above 1200 (after exercise) and drink lots of water then you should be able to lose weight using this website.

And you can lose weight even without exercise. It comes down to calories in vs. calories out. As long as you don't go below 1200 for too long it will happen.
  • krs44
    krs44 Posts: 1
    Options
    What is mfp please?
  • Mark_99
    Options
    The last thing that you want to start doing is to put somehting in your body if you have an undiagnosed health issue!!!!!

I have used fat metabolisers in the past and i would say that they do help but think about how they actually help!! Raising the core temperature of the body to assist in speeding up your metabolism, so is it really wise to alter the way in which your body is designed to work if you are not in peak health and certainly if you have undiagnosed health issues???

I certainly wouldnt do it and would urge you to seek medical advice before starting the fat metabolisers, Better safe than sorry.

Best wishes for whichever track you choose :-)
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    MFP is MyFitnessPal
  • parakeet
    parakeet Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    yes you are right! I am with you!Pills are not the answer.Healthy diet and sport do it for you!
  • lynz4589
    Options
    havent put anything back on :D

I lived a very active lifestyle until 3 weeks ago, my doctor said I can start back exercising now but in the meantime my gym membership was cancelled because of late payments so really trying to lose weight at home with what I have or walking, which I cant do for hours on end due to a knee injury also.

I might be able to do it without pills and I appreciate that but I need a bit of a boost for the 3 weeks Ive lost from "resting" and having gained 1.4lbs this week even though I started walking again etc.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Pills don't work, it is the diet they give you with it that would. Following MFP works and is free and no pill.

Isn't that why people lose weight on HCG? I always thought people we're crazy to inject themselves with stuff when it’s the 500 cal VLCD that leads to initial results.

Following the meal plan will work, save your money on the pills b/c in the long run they can hurt your heart or mess with your metabolism.

I found the Turbo Fire Inferno meal plan online so try that for free, see if you lose up to 10lbs in 5 days without spending a dime (other than food of course!)

http://fit2free.com/blog/category/p90x/meal-plans/

OR, if you want a quick fix, a few days of eating just fruit and veggies will give you a quick start. Just search MFP for fruit cleanse.
  • edwards
    edwards Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Most fat metabolisers are nothing more than fat emulsifiers. They block a certain amount of fat from being absobed during digestion. Just be aware no matter what its called these drugs have some quick onset side effects like diahrea. So just cut some of the high fat foods you eat or switch to a low fat alternative and you will usually get the same effect as what the drug will without the suprise of " oh no I'm still a mile away from my house and shouldn't have eatin that yet".
  • hpsnickers1
    Options
    I would say just deal with the weight gain until you can get back on your feet. It's not a lot of weight and you have good plans for when you can be active again.

I'm sure there are plenty of people on this site who would say "yes - take the pills" but I just don't believe in quick fixes.

Maybe instead of buying pills buy some hand weights or a low impact workout DVD or a resistance band - something that you can do at home. I don't have a gym membership but was lucky enough to come across a treadmill real cheap years ago (finally getting some use). And I have 4 Jillian Michaels DVDs. But she does a lot of lunges and squats and jumping which wouldn't be good for your knee.

I'm here due to Fibromyalgia. It used to hurt to exercise but now I feel no pain anymore. (I thank all of my food changes for the no pain).
  • lynz4589
    Options
    how do you delete this thread?
  • lynz4589
    Options
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

No can do, that's why you must always be careful with what you put in writing.

If you are upset about responses you received take a second and think about what others are saying. This site is for people trying to become healthy with balanced nutrition and exercise. We don't like easy answers and neither does your doctor.

You asked for advise, you got it. Do what you wish, you know how we feel. If you succeed then feel free to come back and rub it in our faces ;)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    havent put anything back on :D

I lived a very active lifestyle until 3 weeks ago, my doctor said I can start back exercising now but in the meantime my gym membership was cancelled because of late payments so really trying to lose weight at home with what I have or walking, which I cant do for hours on end due to a knee injury also.

I might be able to do it without pills and I appreciate that but I need a bit of a boost for the 3 weeks Ive lost from "resting" and having gained 1.4lbs this week even though I started walking again etc.

Lindsay,
    If you must use pills, add them to the good diet and as much movement as you're able to take in. A pound or two is not a lot especially since we normally fluctuate daily. My even bigger concern is that you feel like you can not really do it without meds and you can. It is just slower. Pills can often become a crutch and it seems like you're not willing to hear that. I would question your doctor for prescribing you pills after what seems to be less than 2 LB's weight gain. I also noticed that your picture is you drinking Starbucks.

I would say that you have to truely look within yourself and decide how bad you want to be healthy and if you TRUELY want to do it in a healthy fashion. If you decide you don't NO ONE of MFP can knock you for it. We have ALL done it. That is what drove us to seeking fitness and health eventually. It just may not be your time; and that's ok too.

In the end it is your body and your decision. Good luck with what ever you choose.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options

No can do, that's why you must always be careful with what you put in writing.

If you are upset about responses you received take a second and think about what others are saying. This site is for people trying to become healthy with balanced nutrition and exercise. We don't like easy answers and neither does your doctor.

You asked for advise, you got it. Do what you wish, you know how we feel. If you succeed then feel free to come back and rub it in our faces ;)

Good point!!
  • lynz4589
    Options
    here's my thoughts -

Yes I asked for advice BUT I asked to hear from those who have used this particular product before, I did not ask for people to judge me for trying something new. Yes I have taken my health into consideration, I didnt just randomly pick something off the shelf and hope for the best.

My doctor DID NOT put me on pills after gaining 2lbs weight. I was put on the weight pills by my doctor because I have struggled with weight for many years, including whilst using the gym as often as I could (3 or 4 times a week) It was decided after 2 years at the same weight to try these pills to kick start back into losing weight, yes they worked but for me at the time did not enjoy all the doctors appointments it brought with them, due to work I couldnt afford to keep running to the doctor every month for check ups while I was on them so I stopped. Yes I lost a little more weight on my own. Great, fab.

I am willing to hear everything, but I did not asked to be judged on my reasons for using products, I simply asked about peoples personal experience and I thank those who have answered my question.

Yes my picture might show me drinking starbucks - this would you believe was the FIRST starbucks Ive had in easily 3 years as Im not a big coffee drinker, I was actually drinking a warm drink whilst waiting in the queue to meet an idol of mine in sub zero temps and was actually taken last year. I choose that photo as my profile photo as its one of my favs, not because of starbucks.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Wow. Girl, enjoy your Starbucks treat. I will answer your question from the standpoint of someone who has taken a supplement. I have been taking OxyElite Pro for about a week. It does seem to help. I do realize that it is not going to be able to be a way of life. I am trying to get a jump start on losing. After I have lost a few, I will work on lifelong habits. ANYTHING has got to be better than what I have been doing for the past couple of years! I know that many people will not agree with my decision to do this, but that is ok. I can decide for myself. Maybe someday I will find out that I was terribly wrong and they can all say "I told you so", but right now this is what I want to do. Whatever you decide, I wish you the best. :wink:
  • cacfish
    Options
    Hey there,
    I have the very same Fat Metabolizer tablets from Holland and barret in my cupboard for two years.....guess I should clear out my cupboards more often. I took them at a time I wasn't even properly considering my diet - for about a week....so i couldnt say I tested them correctly.

A personal opinon though - i don't think they would work that well or be that good for you. I know when I was at slimming world 2 years ago they talked about superfood....for example lemon....I buy a bag of them and squeeze them on sald, fish, stuff chicken with herbs and lemon - its not only tasty but its also supposed to spped up weight loss???

I think you have been doing brill on MFP...maybe you are not loosing as quickly as you would like....but think about it - you have lost 17llbs....thats a stone and 3 pounds for us in northern ireland since January....its a healty weightloss!
    I've lost the same amount and can feel a differnce, I can feel the difference in my every day tasks, my energy etc...i'm not as puffed or as tired. You have to remember you've been sick as well so naturally you wont be feeling the benefits as well. But if you sorted re ur condition - u will hopefully come up fighting!!

Also, do let the weight loss pictures on her get you down that you can't see such dramatic changes this quick --- i dont think i look any different, i feel slightly less puffy but i've not noticed that much difference to my clostes etc....but stick with it and hopefully you will!!

You have to remember that pills are always going to be a controversial topic - some love them and some just loathe them.....so just take from the info what you need. Stick with it girl!!!