Losing pounds with butter!!

Options
Some people get down about not losing enough weight according to the scale! My wife is really bad for this but one way I motivated her was I went and got a 1lb box of butter with the 4 individual sticks in it. I layed them on the table and she knew what I was up to, she said "I know, I know, that's how much I've lost" and I said "no,actually now pretend there are 28 sticks of butter laying there, that's how much you have lost."She had lost 7lbs but was not as excited as I was for her! I then proceeded to take those sticks and hold them on her hip areas, she then got the picture. Some people just need a good visual of what they have accomplished instead of looking at a number.

Replies

• goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    thats a great idea :)
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    Awww well aren't you sweet!! :flowerforyou: Your such a good husband!
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My husband always says that about a pound of hamburger it really puts it into perspective
  • suedalton1
    Options
    I always anounce the number of sticks of butter I have lost to my friends and family...................72 sticks so far! It really keeps me motivated.
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I know i look at my weight loss as 3 bags of sugar gone..... that was sooo sweet kudos for you!!
  • 702GRACECITY
    Options
    What an AWESOME "Weigh" to put it!!!! You ROCK!!! What a Sweet Hubby she has, she is VERY Blessed indeed!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • obifatkanobi
    Options
    I agree! We learn best by visual, after all. I also have noticed that I, like so many others, see the loss in others, but not in myself. Using something, butter, burger, sugar, anything that helps to "see" how much is gone, is a great idea. I may not see much difference in myself, but I know I can't ignore 140 sticks of butter set out on the table! Here's an idea, but those sticks of butter end to end, and see how far you've come. ;)