Changing your starting weight

Options
Hi guys! Does anyone know if we are supposed to change our starting weight every time we weigh in (if we have lost)? The only reason I wonder, is because your weight affects how many calories you consume per day, and since I'm weighing 11 pounds less, do I need to update this??

..I'm so confused!
Thanks all!

Replies

• ziggygirl2003
    ziggygirl2003 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    As you enter your new weight, MFP will automatically recalculate your calories for you. That happened to me once when I entered my new weight I noticed that my calories went from 1700 down to 1680. Not a huge difference but the weight I lost made it change. If you alter your starting weight then you pounds lost will not be accurate, and I like to see that number keep getting bigger and bigger. So don't worry MFP does the work for you.
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Every 5 lbs or so that you lose, you can re-calculate your base calorie budget by going to My Home => Goals and clicking the Change Goals button.
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    goodness, yes! Go to MY HOME - CHECK-IN, then where it says ENTER TODAY'S WEIGHT - that keeps track of how much you have lost compared to your starting weight. DOn't ever change what you started at because that keeps up with your progress.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I update mine about once a week.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    As you enter your new weight, MFP will automatically recalculate your calories for you. That happened to me once when I entered my new weight I noticed that my calories went from 1700 down to 1680. Not a huge difference but the weight I lost made it change. If you alter your starting weight then you pounds lost will not be accurate, and I like to see that number keep getting bigger and bigger. So don't worry MFP does the work for you.

You are right!