Vinegar

Options
i've read on some sites that drinking a small ammount of vinegar before meals can help speed up your matabolism and i was just wondering if anyone knew if this was true or not??? :)

Replies

• merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    interesting....BUMP!
  • hardybelle83
    Options
    I've heard this is true with apple cider vinegar. I had researched it at one point and read evidence that went both ways.
    I did try it for a while but didn't really notice any changes...
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have tried the apple cider vinegar as well and have not noticed anything.... :o( but I have used it for my scalp as it was so ichy and it worked...
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    it works because vinegar is a natural fat burner.
  • father5
    Options
    I had a guy at my work that was trying this about two years ago and I believed he had positive results. I don't believe he does it now.
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I starting taking apple cider vinegar before meals. I researched and it looked to work well for women with PCOS or diabetics to slow your blood sugar after eating. I started after a week of 3lbs gain fallowed by a week of staying the same. I did lose 2lbs but still unsure if it was because of the pills helping things out. I am still taking the pills so I guess I will wait and see what happens after my 2nd week with them.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I've heard something similar about helping metabolism; but I don't think I could stomach vinegar straight or in water...