In need of a good kick in the pants

Options
So I joined about 6 weeks ago and I've lost 12 pounds. I have a very very long way to go, and I stalled out last week on the exercise. Mostly still did really well with the food part, but now I need some people to really help me get back into the working out. If anyone has any good suggestions that have worked for you please let me know. I mix it up a lot between walking, p90x (the stuff I can do), work out tapes, yoga etc, but find myself skipping. I need something to get excited about again!! I could also use some more friends for motivation!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    zumba!
  • PinkButterfly77
    Options
    Hi,
    I have the same problem, however I have been watching "Heavy" on A&E and I'm a huge addict of this show. Last nights episode was amazing and I realized, if these 'fatties' can do it then so can I. They are doing super hard workouts every day. There is no reason why I can't do it. I suggest watching it if you can. It's been my big motivator. My goal has been to walk a mile on my lunch break in under 23 minutes and I finally made it today! I'm super stoked! :) Good luck to you. You can do it!
    Kim
  • lgt101
    Options
    I am also a big fan of the show "Heavy" as well as the BIggest Loser. Those shows are great motivators.
  • lots2live4
    lots2live4 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    If you have a wii, get Just Dance 2!! It is so much fun, you don't even feel like you are working out.
  • Bstansel
    Options
    Try salsa dancing! Its really addictive, and you wont even realize you're working out because it's so fun!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself skippin' workouts...Do research on what is out there.

Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, Power90 (the starter for P90X), look on the beachbody.com site and see what videos might interest you.

I'm wishin' you the best on your choice.! :smile:
  • sleddin_chic
    Options
    Zumba! It will kick your butt, and you'll love every minute of it! I also have started doing Just Dance 2 on our Wii... I burn a TON more calories dancing than I do walking or even the elliptical, plus it's something the whole family can have fun doing together. Good luck and keep it up!
  • Bstansel
    Options
    wow, jinx!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi,I like to get outside for some good walking sessions.The fresh air is great and its so nice just seeing and greeting folk as you go by.The time flies and it is so good for ya....Good luck and I hope all works out well for you.:smile:
  • jamie11k
    Options
    Remember how great the first few pounds were? Well you'll get that again if you go do your workout! ;-)