P90x Plyometrics

Options
I can't seem to get through the whole dvd of plyo. I serious cannot stand it. Any suggestions on how to get through? And is anyone else doing p90x having this problem? :/

Replies

• BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    What can't you stand about it?
  • gmswife
    Options
    Hubby and I did it a few years ago. We just started off by doing as much as we could do and rested when needed. For me that was a lot at first but stick with it and eventually it isn't so hard. Goodluck
  • guapogringo
    Options
    I don't mind the plyo but the yoga is awful to me. Plus the time required is tough,
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Plyo video! Start by only doing the first 30 minutes. Build up in 5 or 10 minute increments until you can complete the whole thing. Once you get good at it you will love it! It makes for a great burn!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Uhhh...I just did plyo this morning and wanted to quit about 10 times before I even got halfway through it! But, I didn't. I can only get better with time, right???
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    It's a rough workout, and not exactly fun. I just bear down and do it anyway. I'm sure it will get "easier" when I'm not trying to jump 250+ lbs into the air.

It may suck but that workout really will help define the legs and butt. If you can't get through it all because you need rest breaks, or are wiped out just do as Tony says "Do your best and forget the rest". Your best is all you can really do.

If you just can't make it through because you hate it and stop, not sure what to say there other than sometimes you have to do the sucky stuff to get to the good stuff :tongue:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I love plyo! In fact, I find it kind of simple especially compared to the Turbo Fire workouts I've done. What don't you like about it?
  • MsImperfect0
    MsImperfect0 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i only tried it once and only made it 15 mins in before i felt like i was going to die, but i LOVED it, wish i could affored to go buy it
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    P90X is an Extreme workout and not for everyone...Do your best...No one else is goin' to do it for you!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My husband hates it too...but I love it! One of my favorites. So what is it that you don't like about it? My husband doesn't like all the squats and jumping.
  • ramonaquimby
    ramonaquimby Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My butt still hurts from it! We just started p90x this week and are on day 4 tonight is yoga. It really helps if you have someone working out with you, to motivate you, and to laugh through the pain.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Ditto - What don't you like?

I think we all have parts of P90X that we like and don't like. I love plyo, and still don't like Kenpo, I'm getting better about my attitude towards it but still don't love it. I've learned to love Yoga and add it in extra 2x per week. I love the Plyo because I work so flipping hard at it, I feel totally successful when I'm done.

TH says on the DVD, if you aren't plyo ready - do the Cardio X instead. I had just ran a marathon when I started P90X and was PlyoX ready, I do the CardioX when I just want to throw an extra cardio in or if I skip that stupid Kenpo.

Hang in there! It gets better, my suggestion would be to take it slower until you feel like you get the moves, then kick it up if you don't want to do CardioX instead.
  • zyarnykh
    zyarnykh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yoga is my fave! Really feels like you are working. If you can breathe through the first 45 mins, it gets easier. I save it for weekends when I can spare 1.5 hours on it.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I could only finish a half hour of plyo my first week, that was a year ago and I can do it with a weighted vest. So keep at it and you will improve.
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the plyo but the yoga is awful to me. Plus the time required is tough,

Agreed. I got into decent physical shape before trying P90X and didn't just jump into it. Plyo is okay for me, but yoga absolutely killed my knees within 30 minutes. It's been two and a half weeks and they are still recovering. My right one especially.

I never found the length of the videos difficult to fit into my schedule.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Doing the X Stretch DVD for an hour may be a better option to start with.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    First time did it this morning, hard to keep up with, but I did the alternative moves and finished (with lots of slacking). Just take times, may be after 6, 8, or 10 times I'll get much much better.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I just did Plyo for the first time this morning. I knew before doing it that this would probably be my biggest challenge and I was right! It was HARD! But I made it though the whole thing, greatly adapting the moves for what I could do without hurting myself. I struggle with shin splints and my shins are pretty sore at the moment so we'll see if I do it again next week or if I switch over to CardioX. I don't want to injure myself. I do need to go shoe shopping because I'm pretty sure if I had better shoes it would greatly diminish the impact on my shins! (I'm open to suggestions! Would cross trainers or running shoes be better here? Something else entirely?)

It's funny that a few hated the Kenpo, I love it! Of course I do Taekwondo twice a week so I'm pretty familiar with the combos and such.

How does that saying go? Whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger?! If that saying ever fit anything it's the P90X workouts!
  • anya87
    Options
    I don't like all the repetitive jumping and squatting. Cardio X is too easy for me, I usually do another half an hour of jogging on top of it. Maybe my legs are not strong enough yet to get through the whole dvd of plyo....
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love plyo it totally has made a difference in the shape of my legs and butt, it was hard the first time but every time after that I've flew right through it and I love it. I look forward to all the squatting and jumping because I know the results are soooooo worth it.

I find I dislike parts of kenpo x and I HATE yoga.

Whenever I want a break I do the cardio x but you say it's not challenging enough so I guess you just have to work up the strength to finish the entire plyo workout or do what you have been cardio x and then running.