Always Hungry!!!!

Options
Hi! I have been watching what I eat and working out 3 times a week (1hour) and have lost 7 lbs so far. The past two days I have been experiencing extreme hunger. I will eat and and with in 30 -45 min I am hungry again. Not a boredom hunger or anything like that, my stomach is growling and I am truly hungry!!!

I guess my question is, am I this hungry cuz i have been working out and my metabolism is speeding up or what? I am on a 1450 calories a day and i get pretty much right on that number everyday, but man this is killin me!!!! My trainer says if your body is telling you its hungry... then eat (healthy of course) it's just that my body is burning up the calories quickly now.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks!
Wendy

Replies

• cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i find that a big glass of water helps :)
  • onalighternote
    Options
    Try eating more proteins and fiber, that helps me a lot with hunger.
    I get hungry for no apparent reason A LOT
  • Wmn1120
    Options
    I drink water ALL day long! LOL. doesn't help.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Hope I am not getting too personal here.. but is you TOM around the corner? I find I get that way a couple days before.

And your trainer is right... if your body is saying it is hungry then you should feed it.
  • Wmn1120
    Options
    It's about 2 weeks away so I am not sure it's that. Maybe? But that is more of a craving time for me rather than a hunger. It's just frustrating!!!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    My guess is you're eating simple carbs, like grains, and hidden sugars which is spiking your energy levels and you are experencing a crash. Try more protien, healthy fats, and complex cards, like in real veggies. Try looking thru this website, it might be of help. http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I am hungry all day long! I usually try to eat every 1 1/2 to 2 hours or my stomach will be growling (loudly). I keep granola bars and fruit at my desk, and yogurt and salad in the fridge.

Maybe space out your snacks, so you will be eating the same total amount - just more often throughout the day?

Also, when I know I'm going to be close on calories by the end of the day- I make a glass of green tea (0 calories) and that usually helps.

Good Luck!
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    I know my PMS symptoms usually start about then and since your exercising more, you might start craving a bunch of food (that's usually what cravings are, a sign that you need more energy to prepare for your TOM) so when you say you crave stuff, that might be why.

Just an idea! :smile:
  • cnjbarry
    cnjbarry Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    are you eating back some or all of your excercise cals?
  • kasandraaa
    Options
    It does sound like you may just be thirsty? Since the body confuses hunger with thirst.
    But if you are drinking enough water as you say,
    maybe it is the types of food you are eating.
    Try eating soy & healthy fats (tofu always fills me up) or almonds, avocado, etc
    It could be the foods you are eating, and have nothing to do with your calories.
    Best of luck to you!
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are physically feeling in terms of your stomach, but sometimes your stomach can rumble very similarly to when you are hungry when you are actually just digesting your food. A couple of months ago I noticed that no matter what I ate in the morning, about 2 hours later, my stomach would be rumbling. It was making the same typical noise, but without that kind of painful-ish feeling you get when you haven't eaten in several hours. I realized that it wasn't hunger, because after about 30 minutes of rumbling, it would stop, and I didn't actually feel hungry for another couple of hours.
    If you truly are hungry, then you should definitely eat, and maybe fill up on veggies if you are worried that you'll eat too many calories, but try to see if what you're feeling is hunger or just digestion.
  • Wmn1120
    Options
    are you eating back some or all of your excercise cals?

I try, but due to my schedule I work out at night and don't get home til 9pm On the days I work out I do eat more to make up for the calories i burn off . I am new to all of this just trying to get it right!
  • Wmn1120
    Options
    I don't know what you are physically feeling in terms of your stomach, but sometimes your stomach can rumble very similarly to when you are hungry when you are actually just digesting your food. A couple of months ago I noticed that no matter what I ate in the morning, about 2 hours later, my stomach would be rumbling. It was making the same typical noise, but without that kind of painful-ish feeling you get when you haven't eaten in several hours. I realized that it wasn't hunger, because after about 30 minutes of rumbling, it would stop, and I didn't actually feel hungry for another couple of hours.
    If you truly are hungry, then you should definitely eat, and maybe fill up on veggies if you are worried that you'll eat too many calories, but try to see if what you're feeling is hunger or just digestion.

I know what you are saying about the grumbling when food is digesting... but this feeling I get is like definitely what I know to be hunger pains for me. LOL. Maybe it will pass idk but i don't like it!!!! hahah :wink: