recommitting :)

Options
Hello, I have been a member here for several months now, and I am as of today, RECOMMITTING! I started out as a very slim, in shape high school/college soccer player. After marriage, nursing school, and 2 kids, I found myself weighing the most Id ever weighed in my life. 85lbs over weight. I managed to get within 15lbs of my goal weight, and then gained 30lbs back. I am not happy with myself, and know that with a little self control I can do it again. Hope to find resources and support here! Thanks.

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site to find support. My goal is "Just for Today". I can succeed for today and then tomorrow I can succeed again. You can do this!!!!
  • jennyrothb
    jennyrothb Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's a great idea. Making it through just one day makes doing it again a feasible goal Thanks :)
  • kate1398
    Options
    Hey there, I find myself recommitting over and over again, LOL....this is the place to do it though. Many inspiring stories to keep you going. I haven't given up yet even though I'm not losing...at least I'm not going overboard when I do blow it. Good luck, you can definitely do it as you have proven already.
  • debbiebarton
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site to find support. My goal is "Just for Today". I can succeed for today and then tomorrow I can succeed again. You can do this!!!!

What an excellent philosophy... I only plan day by day, otherwise I panic that I won't succeed !
  • MammaEllis
    Options
    We havent failed until we give up. Welcome back!!!

830631.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • monicaP413
    Options
    It is so tough yo-yo-ing with weight and then longing for a size we used to be. I am right with you!! I absolutely love this site and am now on it more than any other!! I just joined about a week ago, but feel very supported here!! Welcome!!!