Good workouts

Options
What are some good exercises that burn alot of calories. I've been working out for an hour or more every day but not burning the calories I need to,

Replies

• ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What are some good exercises that burn alot of calories. I've been working out for an hour or more every day but not burning the calories I need to,
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I took a Spin class yesterday...that is a workout!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. It's a MUST HAVE. I don't know how I ever worked out without one :wink:
    It will let you gauge your target HR zone (60-70% of your max HR for fat loss) and you can get one that will tell you cals. Mine tells me calories as I'm going which is great motivation to keep on! I do an hour long power walk every day and burn at LEAST 500 cals. Yesterday it was 1h 15m with strength training and stretching for the last 15 and I burned 800 cals. Walking is better than I ever imagined!
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    If you are a member at a gym..they probably have group excercise classes which I am a big fan of because it makes me hardly feel like I am working out (until after when I am so sore)! I really love step or anything aerobics haha. Strength training is good too! I would recommend getting a heart rate monitor!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options

What is spin class?
  • Mattysmomma
    Mattysmomma Posts: 268
    Options
    Running/jogging! easy,simple, no gym membership need! I like running after my daughter goes to sleep and I am back in an hour (It super nice "ME" time) So when I go out, I am NOT working out i am getting some time just for myself. Getting away from my baby and hubby.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options

What is spin class?

Think group stationary cycling. It's one tough workout.
  • brockster
    brockster Posts: 12
    Options
    hi hows it going there are some great exersices out there but the best for burning cals is the squat i do alot fo these becuse to do a squat you call apon a lot of muscles to preform it thus burning alot of cals and is very good at speeding up your metobolic rate so you burn more caloreis at rest also walking lunges these are fery good because thay work the glutes and hamstrings aswell these muscles need alot of calories to work
  • ambee0803
    ambee0803 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    where's a good place to get one? I was thinking about that.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    If you're at a gym, try the treadmill on an incline. When I stayed at a hotel last week and used the one there, I was astounded at how much I could burn using like a 6 or 7 incline and about 3.6 or 3.7 speed.