My Third Spinning Class

Options
OK, I seriously think there was something wrong with my bike this time. I felt like I hunching over too far and could never catch my breath. I thought I would have a chance, completing the class this time because we had a different instructor, Nancy. Older lady with the sweetest southern accent. Well, at least I thought so until she started shouting, "GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!" breath, "GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!" breath, "C'MON GIRLS, PUSH IT!!!!". Push it??? I'll push it...right up your...blankity blank blank. Then she looked at me and said, "Hon, you're lookin' kinda pink in the face, why don't you just sit and pedal for a while." :devil: Don't get me wrong, she was right on the mark, I was ready to PUKE! But I was a bit humiliated...:embarassed: Oh well. :ohwell:

I have another class tonight and will MAKE SURE my bike is set correctly and I eat a banana or apple before I go...give me some energy!!! LOOK OUT NANCY / NATALIE, I'm comin' to getcha!!! :mad:

Stay tuned for, "My Fourth Spinning Class"...

Amy

Replies

• msstate25
    msstate25 Posts: 17
    Options
    OK, I seriously think there was something wrong with my bike this time. I felt like I hunching over too far and could never catch my breath. I thought I would have a chance, completing the class this time because we had a different instructor, Nancy. Older lady with the sweetest southern accent. Well, at least I thought so until she started shouting, "GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!" breath, "GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!" breath, "C'MON GIRLS, PUSH IT!!!!". Push it??? I'll push it...right up your...blankity blank blank. Then she looked at me and said, "Hon, you're lookin' kinda pink in the face, why don't you just sit and pedal for a while." :devil: Don't get me wrong, she was right on the mark, I was ready to PUKE! But I was a bit humiliated...:embarassed: Oh well. :ohwell:

I have another class tonight and will MAKE SURE my bike is set correctly and I eat a banana or apple before I go...give me some energy!!! LOOK OUT NANCY / NATALIE, I'm comin' to getcha!!! :mad:

Stay tuned for, "My Fourth Spinning Class"...

Amy
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    What is Spinning Class?
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    hehehe.....more reasons to stay away from those things!!

:flowerforyou:

Rock it, girl!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    What is Spinning Class?

http://www.spinning.com/
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    What is Spinning Class?

I am always amazed at how many people have never heard of spinning!

1 hour intense cardio class on a bike. some gyms do the class in front of a large screen that play the hills so you can 'visualize' your course as you are pedalling. burns like 700-800 calories in an hour.

Keep at it! It does get easier I promise!! Can't wait to hear about class #4!

revpro_homethumb.jpg
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I feel your pain, I went to my first regular class yesterday. (I had taken 1 30 min spin class before). That class is brutal! :sick:
    Good for you for sticking with it!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Are you doing two spinning classes in one day, or was the third spinning class last night? Either way, you go girl!! Those classes kill me. I don't think I've ever sweated or wheezed so much in my lilfe, and all in 50 minutes time.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Oh no no no, that is suicide!
    I had taken the beginners spin months ago (and was petrified to do that for a full hour).
    Then I figured with all of the cardio I have been doing I should have built up my stamina so I tried one last night. It was tough but energizing so I am going back tonight.
  • douganl
    douganl Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    hehehehehee..I've been thinking (thinking only) about taking a spinning class. I think am going to wait :tongue:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I would love to take a spinning class, but my gym don't offer it. :sad:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    hehehehehee..I've been thinking (thinking only) about taking a spinning class. I think am going to wait :tongue:

Oh go for it! It is fun!
  • msstate25
    msstate25 Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouragement. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend my 4th class. I was held up at work and didn't make it back in time. I was bummed too! As much as I dread going (becuase of the excrusiating pain of course), I do enjoy the killer workout. You burn SO MANY calories! I am on vacation next Tuesday so that will be two classes in a row that I will have missed. I better find a gym or do some sort of workout before Thursday's class, otherwise I will really be hurting!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!! :flowerforyou: