Jillian Michaels' BFBM and NMTZ

edryer123
edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
edited September 24 in Fitness and Exercise
Has anyone had success using these dvd's? I just started using them regularly, but I can't even make it 30 minutes in before I need a break. Did anyone else have this trouble? I am also walking about 4mi an hr once a day (provided the stupid snow and ice are not ruining the parking lot I use.)

Replies

• shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    just keep pushing through. they are tough, but just do your 5 second breather and keep going. you can do it.
  • I just started doing them last week. I do both once a week. But i did the 30 day shred everyday for 30 days first. I know I wouldnt be able to make it if I didnt do the shred. BFRM is hard. I burn 450 calories doing it.
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    I used NMTZ- it gets easier I promise!! If you have to use the modifiers do it. If you need to rest your arms for a couple of reps while doing squats/lunges-do it. Good Luck!!
  • desiree0625
    desiree0625 Posts: 23 Member
    I started doing the Burn Fat Boost Metabolism about a week and a half ago. It was definatly tough, but I can now complete the entire dvd. And last week I did it six days and lost 2.7 lbs.! I am normally a one pound a week loser, so that was awesome for me! Stick to it, it will get easier. :happy:
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    I have NMTZ. My strength is dramatically improved. I wanted to take a break also but didn't I would just recommend doing less reps of each move to give yourself a little rest between them. Keep at it and I promise that within a few days of it , you will feel your stamina and strength improve. I've been doing it 2 to 3 times a week for the last 6 months and do other videos on different days. Keep at it..you will love your results! Check out the 30 day Shred!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    I've been using them in my workouts for almost two months now and I have noticed that they are starting to give me definition in my stomach and arms.

Use the modified versions of the exercises. I know for the first circuit in NMTZ I had to leave the weights at my side rather than raising them for the backwards lunge. Just keep at it and it will get easier!
  • edryer123
    Thanks everyone! Also what size weights did you use for the NMTZ?
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Thanks everyone! Also what size weights did you use for the NMTZ?

3 lbs in each hand.
  • edryer123
    I made it all the way through the NMTZ dvd today! I had to stop a few times, but I did it!!!! Small victories! I also picked up the pace of my walk/run that I've been doing on days when the weather is decent enough and there isn't snow. Such a good day!
This discussion has been closed.