i need help...

LosingTheInches
LosingTheInches Posts: 47
edited September 24 in Health and Weight Loss
i keep bingeing.
i need motivation... but i dont know how that can even help me.
i am just so confused...
any advice?
i know everyone goes through these problems.. how do you get through?
plz help me. i feel hopeless!!!!

Replies

• RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Hey! I have found a way that works for me. I try to find others that need encouragement and engage them into accountability competitions... sort of... only "FRIENDLY" competitions to just get back on track... Kind of like, whoever eats the healthiest today can have a snack of their choice in moderation.... I don't know... just a thought... how are you doing now?
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Reaching out for help is a great start. When I am in the middle of feeling out of control I have done excercise. Can you go for a walk? Do you have a treadmill or anything that you can do to get you moving? I was wanting to eat everything in my house last week and walked on the treadmill instead and it really helped! You can do it!!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Get rid of the foods you shouldn't eat...if they aren't in your house, you won't be tempted to eat them. Keep stocked on foods you can eat...fresh fruit and veggies, nuts and seeds, cheese, chicken, fish and other lean meats. That way if/ when you binge it will at least be on healthy foods. Also, try to keep busy. If I sit at home all day I eat too much also. When I get out and occupy my time it takes my mind off of food. I hope this helps.

Angela
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    I'm in the same boat :(
    But I'm a bridesmaid & the wedding is in 3 months and I just bout a dress that was a size 12 even though the size 14 was a perfect fit.. I thought that would force me to lose weight but even that's not helping..
    :ohwell:
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Usually, there's a reason why I go on a binge. It's always one of two things 1) I haven't eaten enough earlier in the day especially on exercise days, or 2) More often than not, I'm upset or mad or sad. I'm an emotional eater, especially when the emotions are negative. I try to find out what the problem is. Usually if it's #2, once I figure out what I'm upset about, I don't feel the need to binge anymore, especially if I'm upset about something a person said or did. I just tell myself over and over, I'm not going to let that person sabotage my ultimate goal!

I've been binge-free since January 1st!

Good luck!
  • t1981
    t1981 Posts: 54 Member
    I have the same problem... I put my food diary to public so I know anyone can see it, and that helps a little. It doesn't take away the cravings, but it makes me think twice before I eat something, knowing I have to log it! I also try not to let myself get hungry. I eat every 2-3 hours and that seems to help a little. Also drinking enough water helps too. Good luck!!
  • I found myself in the same boat. I have been eating everything in sight and seeking out high-calorie high-fat foods. It got worse after I saw the scale go up.

So, this afternoon (after bingeing) I asked myself how much I wanted this. I could give up or get back on track. I have decided to get back on track starting NOW and make better choices.

I don't have an answer for you, but I wanted to share with you that I am experiencing difficulties right along with you. I wish you the best!
  • 808sun
    808sun Posts: 13
    some things to help:

when I feel the urge to binge, I just tell myself this: I've already eaten that. I already know what it tastes like. So I eat a ton of that now, then what? I get fat? It's not worth it. also, you can tape up a picture of list of your goal weight/body to the fridge, pantry, etc. to help you think it over before bingeing. Next, look for some healthy inspirational quotes for your goal weight and repeat it as a mantra to yourself when you feel like bingeing.

its hard the first few weeks, but hang in there! you'll get through it!
This discussion has been closed.