Love MFP

Options
On Jan 1st 2011 I weighed 315 lbs at 34 years old, 6'1"... Not good. Since then using MFP on my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook, I have been recording my intake every day. While I haven't started exercising yet (starting 3/1), I am all ready down to 277 lbs. This app is terrific! My goal for 3/1 was to be at 280 lbs.. Beat it thanks to eating healthier and using this app. On 3/1 I will start exercising on my tread climber and using the BBJ Tower 200. My goal for June 1st is 250 lbs. On June 1st my wife and I will be starting P90X. I've used this program before with great results. My goal is to be 205 by September 1st. I know this is aggressive, but I need to have something to shoot for or I won't keep going.

I have a question.. The FDA says I need to weigh between 180-190 lbs to be not considered overweight. At 205 I would still be at a BMI that is considered in the obese range. I think any less than 200 would look very skinny (stick like) for me.. Any thoughts?

Need advice.....and encouragement.

Peace

Replies

• Michelle_J
    Michelle_J Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to your question but CONGRATS on your weight loss. That's awesome!
  • appashley
    appashley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think that is awesome progress to start! A friend of mine weighs about 185 and he is around 6'1. He looks kinda pudgy actually. (He doesn't work out at all though.) I think if you do P90X you should be muscular so you may seem skinny for a while but then you will realize how great you look and feel. I think anytime someone that is big looses a lot of weight they may look kind of odd at first, but it is just b/c you are used to seeing them big. Another friend has recently lost 80+ lbs and she says it is odd to look in the mirror b/c she was so big for so long. Just keep up the good work and go til you feel good about it.