My predicament

Options
I posted something similar earlier today... but this is more specific, so sorry for any redundancy

My daily net calorie goal is 1370

I consumed 1473 today. I worked out from 630 - 730 and burned 965 calories.

My net calories are only at 508 now...

Should I eat 800 calories before bed to get close to that 1300 (that might make me sick, as im not really hungry)

Should I eat 400 or so with fruit or something healthy (I could probably manage that)

Or should I not eat at all.

I will be going to bed in 2 - 3 hours and it seems silly to eat before bed, but I dont want my body to burn muscle instead of fat... please help!

Replies

• Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    eat some nuts like almonds. high in calories.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I would definetely consume something if u r looking to drop a few pounds-maybe protein bar or shake to refuel ur body/ muscles
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    If it's just for today and you've eaten at least 1200 calories (looks like you had over 1400), then you should be ok, even if you are "under" on your net. Just don't do it for many days!
  • Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    eat something high inprotein like eggs!
  • cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The body generally needs about 1200cal/day just to survive. Any activity above that and you'll need to up your caloric intake. If you eat 1300cal, and exercise below that number, you are in danger of burning muscle for fuel. Eat some cottage cheese (high in casein protein) before bed and you should be ok. Just don't make a habit of going under your daily caloric needs.
  • MattAxtell
    MattAxtell Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.

I will go have some pineapple and peanuts.. still not hungry though... oh well

:-)
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. This is my problem on a daily basis (except weekends). For instance, today after dinner of a homemade chicken burrito with the works, I am sitting at a net calories of 395. I burned off a little over 1120 calories through exercise today. I am just not hungry!! This has really, really stalled my weight loss too!!! I know I need more calories, but I am just not hungry!!!