MFP works for me

Options
Hey all, my name is Joe. I am in Indiana but I'm one of the chosen few to be born in Tennessee. I have been actively persuing weight loss/control along with physical conditioning for some 2 yrs now. I started off 65lbs heavier than I am today. It took about 6 months to lose the weight but I have maintained + or - 5lbs for about 18 months.

I ride bikes alot and I strength train, more now than before. But I have platued for so long now I forgot what it was like to have steady weight loss. And I have tried multiple approaches to lose the last 15lbs to no avail.

Then I talked to a dude I work with who is a amuture body builder/personel trainer. He told me I might not be eating enough, now there is a concept that contradicts everything that has worked for me so far.

So I loaded MFP onto my Iphone and started logging, the first day I charted everything and tried to stay in my regular eating routine and sure enough MFP had me over 700 cal short of my -3500 cal per week goal daily allowance. Today I contiously ate more than normal and wound up 550 cal short of the 1800 after exercise deduction (30 minutes bicycle morning, 1 hour serious circuit weight training evening)

Time will tell if this is the reason for the platue but even if I stay the same I am amazed at the MFP food and exercise data base.
Luck all ......Joe (p.s. ratbone was my dog I had as a kid incase you are wondering about the name)

Replies

• newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the fact that you've already lost that much weight! That's absolutely amazing. I've been loving it here so far so I hope you find it as welcoming and useful as I have!!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Ratbone was either your 1st dog or your favorite. Welcome to the family.
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard Joe. MFP is very useful. Undereating is just as bad if not worst as overeating. Good Luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.
  • ratbone
    Options
    Thanks all, Im getting a handle on my calorie count and it does help the way I feel after a workout