"will work-out for booze"

Options
I enjoy my wine in the evening so I've been working out extra to absorb the calories. Do you think this is acceptable?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Sure.
  • barefootbeauty
    barefootbeauty Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! :)
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    If it's not I've been going about this all wrong!
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Life without alcohol is...well, death.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: yep:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • jenlen65
    jenlen65 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is too funny!!! I do the same thing!! If it's within the goal, why not? It's actually got some health benefits too! :drinker:
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Woo-hoo, you guys are awesome!!!! It's better do do it that way than take from my food calories, then I would be missing out on nutrients!
  • Nharley
    Nharley Posts: 201
    Options
    I do the same thing!:drinker:
  • Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    I would walk 5 miles for a beer some nights!!! I know it slows your metabolism, but thats why exercise speeds it up right lol.
  • smalltowngirl504
    Options
    It sure is, Wine is too good to say no, and you work out to balance it out sounds great to me!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Can I join the party?! I do the same :tongue:
  • DangerRanger
    DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO!!

Just joking.. Yes:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • CarolHudson11
    Options
    Drink up! lol! :drinker:
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    :laugh: :drinker: I sure hope it's acceptable - I do the same thing. I have cut down, but I do try to pre-earn booze calories.

That said, there was a thread on here that outlined a study that found that alcohol affects the way your liver metabolizes fat. Basically it slows everything down. (Credit to the original poster, SaraTN.)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130545-the-real-effect-of-alcohol-on-your-waistline

If your progress starts slowing down, maybe look into it then...

Probably the other concern would be making sure you're not dehydrated from alcohol.

Obviously you should define your own goals and aim for your own kind of rigor or perfection, but I personally don't ban foods or alcohol simply because I know I won't live the rest of my life w/o boozing it up now and then and occasionally eating bacon, fried chicken, chocolate donuts.

I would derail in exactly 3months if I had to do everything 'perfectly'. :laugh: :glasses: For me it's been slow, but definitely small steps forward. (Yes sometimes backwards too :ohwell: - but that's just me...)

Best of luck! (Cheers!)
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    shhhh!!! be very very quite. it's beer season, and I'm hunting beer.Look there's another one I need to kill
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    shhhh!!! be very very quite. it's beer season, and I'm hunting beer.Look there's another one I need to kill
    Elmer Fudd? Hahahahaha!!!!!! Love it!